× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Johnny Football Starts This Week Against Cincy!

11 Dec 2014 07:20 #1 by FredHayek
:happysnow: Johnny Manziel finally gets to start this Sunday. Looks like it will be the #1 game as America finally gets to see if his talent matches up to his ego. :snowfort: I think Cincy will probably win, but I hope it is close.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Dec 2014 08:14 #2 by FredHayek
30-0! Ouch. Looks like Johnny Football will become Johnny Benched this Monday. :sick:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Dec 2014 10:13 #3 by ScienceChic
I think it's premature of the coaches to bench him; he just learned a valuable lesson in not running his cocky mouth now let him get to playing football. He's gotta learn sometime...

Moving on, as one of my high school friends posted yesterday, "Redemption this week, respect next week, & revenge in Pittsburgh. Just run the ball the next 2 weeks."

I can't wait for MNF! :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

15 Dec 2014 12:02 #4 by RenegadeCJ

ScienceChic wrote: I think it's premature of the coaches to bench him; he just learned a valuable lesson in not running his cocky mouth now let him get to playing football. He's gotta learn sometime...

Moving on, as one of my high school friends posted yesterday, "Redemption this week, respect next week, & revenge in Pittsburgh. Just run the ball the next 2 weeks."

I can't wait for MNF! :biggrin:

Why? Do you like to be bummed out on Monday nights? :P

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

15 Dec 2014 21:02 - 15 Dec 2014 21:03 #5 by pineinthegrass
Dang,

I took a big chance and started Johnny Football in our fantasy league playoffs because the projections for Ryan Tannehill vs. New England were poor. I thought I'd go for broke.

And broke is what I got from Johnny with zero points while Tannehill got 15.

At least it looks like it doesn't matter since I'll lose anyway.

Congrats to Science Chick!! :tahdah:

15 Dec 2014 21:26 #6 by ScienceChic
Ouch, sorry pineinthegrass - but it's not over yet! Ingram just scored again! And freebird woulda kicked my rear, or anyone's for that matter, this week!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds