× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Have the Bears had enough of Cutler?

21 Dec 2014 07:11 #1 by PrintSmith
Earlier this week the Bears announced they were benching Cutler and elevating Clausen to start against the Lions. Was his done to make it easier for the Lions to beat the Bears and put more pressure on the Packers for the division crown? Are they trying to get Cutler's attention after signing him to an absurd contract extension? Maybe keep him from getting injured so they can get more for him in an offseason trade?

Tea leaves are a bit murky for me to read . . . any help greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Dec 2014 10:31 #2 by ScienceChic
I think they're just frustrated and have buyers' remorse; they should've known better than to sign him in the first place. I'd go with your idea that they want to keep him healthy to trade in the off-season and get some decent players for his sorry butt.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Dec 2014 12:34 #3 by FredHayek
Looks like the Lions are having issues.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds