× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town 2016 Pick 5 Contest!

14 Jan 2017 14:33 #371 by Cellar Master
Atlanta for now

Located at 60750 US Highway 285, Bailey, CO 80421
303-816-5504 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.aspenpeakcellars.com/
Facebook
Instagram

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2017 14:37 - 14 Jan 2017 14:38 #372 by The Viking
game has kicked off. Christina and Cellar master you barely got that one in. were you waiting for my pick?

14 Jan 2017 14:43 #373 by The Viking
2 of the top 3 wait until the very last minute and then post the same team as me right after I do. Reminds me of the vice lord days

14 Jan 2017 15:44 - 14 Jan 2017 15:52 #374 by The Viking
OK I am hating this next pick for many reasons. Picking New England. So now I have to root for New England to win big. I think they can but I also think they may get a good lead then sit some people so they don't get hurt in the 4th and give Houston a chance to bring it back to 13 or 14 points on a late score. Also I have never bet on a spread this big in the NFL in my life. But I just can't bet on crybaby Osweiler either. But I have had NE all week so I won't change it now.

So
Atlanta
New England

so far

14 Jan 2017 16:11 #375 by Cellar Master
New England tonight

303-816-5504 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Facebook
Instagram

14 Jan 2017 22:19 #376 by RenegadeCJ
I know this has been an issue over the past years, so I'm offering the same thing as in the past. So that people can't just wait to post their picks, I'm happy to receive PM's of your picks. I'm out of the contest so I have no dog in the hunt.

If you are going to PM me your picks, please post on here that you sent them to me before the game time. I will wait and post them after that so everyone sees.

Hope that is ok with all those still competing to win.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christina, Hot Chile

15 Jan 2017 08:16 #377 by Cellar Master
Hey Viking. I actually almost forgot to pick as I was working and got it in 2 minutes before game time. You could have waited until last minute if you are so paranoid. Hope this makes you feel better.

Kansas City
Green Bay

:cheer:

Facebook
Instagram
Attachments:

15 Jan 2017 10:32 #378 by ScienceChic
Viking, I can personally vouch that while Cellar Master is competitive, there's not a mean-spirited bone in his body.

On top of all that, because we have the rule that you are not allowed to change your picks once made, it actually rewards the contestants who pick first as they lock in their preferences and those who wait to pick are forced to choose between making the same picks (if that's their preference), or choosing opposite and hoping the games go their way so they can tie or pull ahead (and if you all wish to discuss changing that rule for next year, I'm totally open to it). Ultimately, it is your choice whether you wish to make your picks public or privately with Renegade (thank you for offering to do that R), but I kinda like seeing the struggle play out for all to see. :P If you wish to send them privately, please click on RenegadeCJ's username to go to his Profile Page, then send him a Private Message and make sure you get it in before game time.

Remember too that this contest is all for fun. You don't have to pay in to play, but you have a chance to win $250 in gift certificates to the My Mountain Town advertiser(s) of your choice (including Cellar Master!)! No hard feelings allowed. :)

Good luck!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

15 Jan 2017 10:39 #379 by Christina
Viking, its funny cuz what happened to cellar master was also my predicament as I was working, trying to get a new restaurant ready to open.
I lost track of time and almost missed the cutoff.
That being said....
Pittsburgh and Green Bay
Good luck

15 Jan 2017 12:58 #380 by The Viking

ScienceChic wrote: Viking, I can personally vouch that while Cellar Master is competitive, there's not a mean-spirited bone in his body.

On top of all that, because we have the rule that you are not allowed to change your picks once made, it actually rewards the contestants who pick first as they lock in their preferences and those who wait to pick are forced to choose between making the same picks (if that's their preference), or choosing opposite and hoping the games go their way so they can tie or pull ahead (and if you all wish to discuss changing that rule for next year, I'm totally open to it). Ultimately, it is your choice whether you wish to make your picks public or privately with Renegade (thank you for offering to do that R), but I kinda like seeing the struggle play out for all to see. :P If you wish to send them privately, please click on RenegadeCJ's username to go to his Profile Page, then send him a Private Message and make sure you get it in before game time.

Remember too that this contest is all for fun. You don't have to pay in to play, but you have a chance to win $250 in gift certificates to the My Mountain Town advertiser(s) of your choice (including Cellar Master!)! No hard feelings allowed. :)

Good luck!

I am using talk to text so you need to ignore my typos. First of all I never said that in a mean-spirited way or that they were doing anything in a malicious way at all! I am just remembering back to when Vice Lord was ahead of me by a couple of days a few years ago and kept waiting for my pics and kept making the same pic so I had no chance to gain on him until we change the rule. The people who are ahead could just pick the exact same teams as the people behind them they would be guaranteed a win.

and remember that the rule when they where the person in the lead should make the first pick to give the person behind them any chance at all otherwise pretty much the season is over if everybody just makes the same picks.

but I definitely did not mean that in a negative way using the name Vice Lord which is definitely negative. but we did put that rule in place for a reason because he was just trying to ride out here and make sure I never had a chance to catch him.

Time to create page: 0.590 seconds