× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Colin Kaepernick

30 Aug 2016 09:19 #1 by ramage
Colin Kaepernick was created by ramage
Is Kaepernick positioning himself for a lawsuit against the 49ers and the NFL when he gets cut? By that I mean will he sue on the basis that he was cut and no other team picked him up because of his non- stance on the national anthem. (Pardon the pun.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Aug 2016 11:12 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Colin Kaepernick
Interesting thought. I hadn't even realized the 49ers were considering cutting him - I knew they tried to trade him, but doing this right before the regular season is to start is a bit more drastic. Did he know and play this is as a card to hold? Man, I'd hope not - that's not a way to keep your job.

www.inc.com/jeff-haden/why-the-49ers-wil...probably-should.html

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Aug 2016 13:40 #3 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Colin Kaepernick
The situation is similar for Mark Sanchez. Only an injury to Sieman or Lynch will insure him of a roster spot. The NFL is a business just ask Elway.

31 Aug 2016 05:28 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Colin Kaepernick
Interesting observation about Kapernick. IIRC, the 49r's owe him 17 million this season whether he plays or not, and I think they would be still willing to cut him and move on since he was a big distraction, his new sit-down protest makes him an even bigger distraction. I found this of interest, the NBA will fine players who don't stand for the National Anthem. A former Nuggets player, and Muslim convert, would refuse to stand for the NA. I read the Kapernick is a recent convert to Islam too, but haven't seen it confirmed.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 Aug 2016 11:17 - 31 Aug 2016 11:19 #5 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Colin Kaepernick
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14079618_1817397201822190_5593978471669670430_n.jpg?oh=89d8ae5ec87bf53ccc9c01ac9e0893f0&oe=583AF2A5

scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14...9e0893f0&oe=583AF2A5

31 Aug 2016 14:04 #6 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Colin Kaepernick
BB, thanks for the comparison with Tebow, I had not seen that.
FredHayek, the 49ers will owe him the money if he is not cut prior to a specific date. If he were to get injured during this last pre-season game the 49ers are on the hook for his full salary. Read some of the sportswriters' co;umps about RB III formerly of the Redskins to see a similar business situation, not at all similar to Kaepernick's political issue, rather the economics of the game.

I find it amusing that Kaepernick wore a Fidel Castro t-shirt while making his statement.
Finally the political correctness of the NFL has reached an absurd level, when they will NOT allow a decal honoring the assassinated police officers in Texas but will allow Kaepernick to sit in full NFL authorized uniform during the national anthem. I wonder all the NFL would react in a Dallas Cowboy player(s) put in the decal in spite of the dictum against such.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds