× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Bengals Draft

01 May 2017 19:31 #1 by RenegadeCJ
Bengals Draft was created by RenegadeCJ
SC, gotta be killing you!! I feel bad for you, but have a question. What are your thoughts on the Bengals draft of Mixon. I listened to some Cincinnati talking heads today, but would like to hear what your thoughts are.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2017 10:33 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Bengals Draft
To be perfectly honest, I've been too afraid of finding out what the Bengals are doing so I've :lalalala: while the draft is going on. :biggrin: I suppose it's time for me to face the music, I'll check it out and get back to ya soon. :coolwink:

:whodey:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 May 2017 11:17 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Bengals Draft
My thoughts: I'm most worried about the bigger picture of violence against women, and how we continue to marginalize victims of that violence. Amelia Molitor suffered horrendous physical damage and had to undergo serious surgeries to repair what Mixon did to her. Only being 18 is no defense, being a popular football player is no defense, being shoved or slapped or having obscenities or racial slurs yelled at you is no defense; honestly, it's wrong no matter who does anything like that.

One of the stories I read said that The Bengals kept referring to her as "the woman". Stop objectifying, stop trying to "hide" what happened, and stop blaming the victim, it's a serious problem around the world and we need to upfront address it or we wouldn't still need women's shelters.

I don't like that they drafted him, but I get why they did. He's talented, he was cheap, and Mike Brown doesn't care about anything but the bottom line.

Bengals Draft 2017: 2 winners and 3 losers from Day 2 of NFL Draft
by Jason Marcum@marcum89
Apr 29, 2017

The Bengals’ Image

The Bengals are the bad boys of the NFL, and they’ve fully embraced that image. Look no further than the team spending a top-50 pick on easily the most controversial player in this draft, not to mention someone most of the NFL didn’t want.

Then you’ve got the team keeping Adam Jones, despite his offseason meltdown that would have had him cut by most, if not every other NFL team. Only the Bengals would be willing to have not one, but both of these guys on the roster next season.

This is becoming a harder team to root for, but the Bengals don’t seem to care about it. The Bengals are embracing second (and third) chances and hoping fans do the same.

Certainly my love for this team is dampened. Until we get back to putting integrity above winning, then any victories will feel somewhat hollow. One man does not make the team, and there are plenty of good people who are part of the organization, but they need to make it clear they will not tolerate any misbehavior.
Doc: Bengals deserve everything they get with Mixon

The Bengals have forfeited any and all rights to the word “character’’ as a descriptive. They have lost all remaining sympathy from anyone who still believed Cincinnati’s miscreants were no different than any other team’s miscreants.

We take our sports personally here. When Baseball went on strike in 1994, some of us never came back to the game. Baseball was doing this to us, and our guys were complicit. Not surprisingly, our favorite Bengals have been good people, too. Or at least that was our perception. Ken Anderson, Isaac Curtis, Reggie Williams. Dave Lapham. Boomer and Sam and so on. And Anthony Munoz, bigger than life, in all ways. These were good players who stood for something larger than winning football games.

We didn’t just embrace their football triumphs, because their teams didn’t have many of those. We embraced them as people. Especially if they stayed here after their careers were over. They were who we liked to think we were.

Think of the Big Red Machine. What’s the image? Accomplished, modest, responsible, professional, diligent. Us.

Who are the Cincinnati Bengals today?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds