× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

2017 My Mountain Town Annual Pick 5 Contest!

27 Aug 2017 14:59 - 27 Aug 2017 15:02 #1 by MyMountainTown
Welcome to our Annual Pick 5 contest where each week we try to guess who we think will not necessarily win, but beat the spreads on the games as chosen by supposed experts.
:football: :nfl: :td: :goldtrophy:

Here are the rules from last year :
1) Pick any 5 games each week. We play against the spread according to the following website. We use the "Opening Lines" which never change to keep it simple. www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

2) You must make your choices before the games start. This doesn't mean before the first game of the week, but rather whatever games you pick (ie if picking the Thursday game, do it by Thursday night before kick-off, the Sunday games by 10:59am, 1:59pm, or 8:19pm, or whenever kick off is for each game, depending upon your time zone). The time is recorded on your post when submitted so don't wait too long. Once you post a pick, you are locked into that pick. No changes. Doesn't matter if your whole team comes down with the flu and they don't play, or the starting quarterback gets a hangnail.

3) If you forget to pick until after the games have started, you are out of luck. No pick = a loss so if you don't pick at all that will be 5 losses you receive for the week.

4) Post all picks on this thread. This is the official sheet. Please feel free to quote other participant's picks that you see in order to officially record them (editing to change picks is not allowed so this confirms the choices).

5) Each week we will record a score for each contestant, keeping track of correct/wins, incorrect/losses, and ties. Ties will not matter except in the case of a tie-breaker needed between 2 contestants after the final pick (which is the Superbowl). In other words, only correct picks matter.

For those new to picking games, here's an example.
The line is Cincinnati +3 @ Denver. If you pick Cincinnati, you are saying you think they will either win outright, or will lose but by less than 3 points. Basically, you add 3 points to Cincinnati's actual game score, then compare that to the final actual game score of the Broncos. So if the game ended with Cincinnati 17, Denver 21, you add 3 to the Cinti score, which gives you 20, but you lose because that doesn't beat the Broncos score of 21. If, however, the game ended with Cinti 19, Denver 20, then you'd win. If it ended Cincinnati 17, Denver 20, then you'd have a Tie.

If you see Pickum as the spread, it means that the game is essentially at even 50/50 odds - just pick who you think will win, doesn't matter what the final score is.

Make sense? Feel free to PM us or post on this thread with questions. Prize: $250 to the My Mountain Town advertiser(s) of your choice, paid in gift certificates.

Good luck!!
:lombardi: :lombardi:

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Aug 2017 21:04 - 05 Sep 2017 20:34 #2 by MyMountainTown
Here is our current list of advertisers so you can start shopping from whom you'd like gift certificates. We'll update this as needed, whomever is current at the time of the Superbowl will be who you have to choose from! Check out their Profile Pages in our Business Directory to learn more about them.
Alpine Rescue Team
American Restoration
Applicable Counseling & Coaching
Aspen Peak Cellars
Brooks Place Tavern
Cabin Creek Smokehouse BBQ
Century 21 - Rebecca Elhardt
Colorado Serenity Magazine
Colorado Taekwondo Institute
Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce
Complete Creative Services
Cornerstone Auto Glass
Evergreen Big Chili
Evergreen Newspapers
Evergreen Park & Recreation District
Friends of Staunton State Park
Git Rid of It CO
i9 Sports
Inglenook Energy Center
Knit Knook
Little Britches Boutique/Haley's Closet
Look What I Found Boutique
Mad Jacks Mountain Brewery
Matt Metcalf - Mile High Home Pro/Simply Denver Homes
Milestone Mortgage
Moore Lumber
Nancy Staub State Farm Insurance
Roots Medicine
Rustic Station Restaurant
Snowpack Taproom
Sano Animal Hospital
Score Foothills
Taspen's Organics & Holistic Wellness Center
The Fairplay Flume
Tomm TV Colorado

Good luck to you all and may the odds be ever in your favor. :biggrin:

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

01 Sep 2017 05:12 - 06 Sep 2017 15:42 #3 by RenegadeCJ
Ok all, time for the annual pick 5 contest!

Here are the opening spreads for opening weekend!!
www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

Thursday, Sept 7
KC @ New England -7

Sunday, Sept 10
Tampa Bay @ Miami -2.5 Postponed to november
Oakland @ Tennessee +1.5
Jacksonville @ Houston -4.5
Philly @ Washington -2.5
NY Jets @ Buffalo -6
Atlanta @ Chicago +6.5
Baltimore @ Cincinnati -1.5
Arizona @ Detroit -2.5
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland +9.5
Indy @ LA Rams +3
Carolina @ San Francisco +4
Seattle @ Green Bay -3
NY Giants @ Dallas -5.5

Monday, Sept 11
New Orleans @ Minnesota -3.5
LA Chargers @ Denver -4

Good luck everyone!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

04 Sep 2017 11:13 #4 by Hot Chile
Team Hot Chile is back for another year. Good luck everyone.

PIT
MIA
HOU
ATL
CIN
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

05 Sep 2017 20:41 #5 by ScienceChic
I'm going to go with New England for Thursday night. Mainly because I'm hoping my jinxing ability is still working and they lose. Muhahahaha!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Sep 2017 15:44 #6 by RenegadeCJ
Looks like the Tampa/Miami game is postponed, so Hot Chile needs to revise their picks. This game is considered a no game, so don't pick it!!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

06 Sep 2017 21:04 #7 by Christina
Christina is back in...
Houston
Atlanta
Arizona
Carolina
Ny Giants

Good luck everyone
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

07 Sep 2017 05:48 #8 by Cellar Master
Cellar Master is in again! Good luck every one!
KC (Thursday night to kick off the season)

Located at 60750 US Highway 285, Bailey, CO 80421
303-816-5504 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.aspenpeakcellars.com/
Facebook
Instagram

07 Sep 2017 16:07 #9 by RenegadeCJ
Renegade
Buffalo
Carolina
New England
Washington
Oakland

07 Sep 2017 22:37 #10 by ScienceChic

ScienceChic wrote: I'm going to go with New England for Thursday night. Mainly because I'm hoping my jinxing ability is still working and they lose. Muhahahaha!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

From here on out, I am picking every opponent Cinti has. 16-0 Baby!
:whodey: :believe:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.612 seconds