× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

2018 NFL Season & Broncos Schedule

04 Aug 2018 13:27 #1 by ScienceChic
The 2018 NFL season will be the 99th season of the National Football League (NFL). The season is set to begin on September 6, 2018 with the NFL Kickoff Game, to be hosted by the defending Super Bowl LII champion Philadelphia Eagles hosting the Atlanta Falcons at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The season will conclude with Super Bowl LIII, the league's championship game, on February 3, 2019 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NFL_season

:denbroncosl
www.denverbroncos.com/

That's kind of blurry since I had to shrink it to get it to upload, here's the pdf so you can download it full-size:

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Aug 2018 16:30 #2 by ScienceChic
Interesting article - I didn't even know FiveThirtyEight did sports analysis, I'm psyched about this. :P Growing up, we Cincinnatians hated everything about Cleveland. I can't speak for the rest of my cohort, but after this many years of suck-age, I now root for them to do well (except against my boys) because it's just pitiful, and I'd rather they win any day than that horrid team immediately to the east of us in the NFC North.

The Browns’ Suckiness Defies Math And Reason
How did it happen? And can they be this bad forever?
By Neil Paine
August 20, 2018

The Cleveland Browns will soon embark on their 20th season since the city got a second chance at an NFL franchise. And in one very specific, very depressing way, the team is right back where it started. When we fire up our NFL Elo ratings for the new season in a couple of weeks — Elo being FiveThirtyEight’s preferred method of tracking a team’s performance over time — the Browns will begin the year with a rating of 1302. (Average is about 1500.) Roll the clock back to Sept. 12, 1999, and Cleveland’s Elo going into the rebooted franchise’s very first game1 was 1300, the same as any expansion franchise. In other words, two decades later, the Browns are essentially starting from scratch — again.

Cleveland’s futility, then, borders on impossibility. It’s almost like you have to be trying to be terrible in order to reach the depths the Browns have encountered these past few seasons. And even if you were trying, you probably couldn’t pull it off. So how could such a hopeless situation emerge organically?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Sep 2018 14:17 #3 by FredHayek
I love when early season football proves how mistaken the pundits are every year. The Bengals are 2-0 when they were expected to be much worse. The Broncos undrafted Phillip Lindsey is outproducing the 1st round running back Saqoun Barkley. Love to see those upsets, and the 10 million dollar man, Jon Gruden, is still winless.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds