× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Vontae Davis walked out and retired at halftime?

16 Sep 2018 17:03 #1 by ScienceChic
I guess being with the Bills really is that bad! :ohmy:

Vontae Davis Might've Just Retired In The Middle Of A Game
Barry Petchesky
36 minutes ago

Buffalo Bills cornerback Vontae Davis quits, retires during game
As the Buffalo Bills hosted the Los Angeles Chargers, Vontae Davis elected to “retire.”
By Skarekrow Updated Sep 16, 2018, 5:12pm

As fans of the Buffalo Bills watched their team host the Los Angeles Chargers, cornerback depth became an increasing concern. Phillip Gaines left the game in the first half with an injury. After halftime, Vontae Davis - who was in the lineup after last week’s injury to Taron Johnson - was mysteriously absent.

It’s being reported that Vontae Davis quit the team and is retiring. Head coach Sean McDermott said that Davis took himself out of the game but was not injured.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Sep 2018 10:18 #2 by FredHayek
Not a very classy thing to do. Must have a grudge against the team. But I can also remember a Rockies bench coach, Zimmer?, who retired from Don Baylor's staff halfway through the game. Said his goodbyes and left the dugout.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds