× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Husky girls continue to struggle early in season

14 Dec 2018 17:13 #1 by CanyonCourier
EVERGREEN — After rough first games for both the Clear Creek and Platte Canyon girls basketball programs, the Golddiggers bounced back with a 47-31 win over the Huskies on the Digger home court on Dec. 5.

In Clear Creek’s first game, it lost 28-21 to DSST. Platte Canyon fell to Buena Vista 54-19.

“I think we improved immensely,” Clear Creek junior guard Paige Murphy said. “We were more patient with ourselves, and we ran our plays correctly. We did our offense just perfect. It was awesome.”

The Huskies, however, skill have some growing to do. But with a young squad, half of whom are freshmen, that growth will come with time. “I saw a ton of improvements,” Platte Canyon coach Becca Hammon said. “The girls are coming together. They’re working together to get all the plays down, which always helps with playing, obviously. On defense, they’re getting their feet moving, and they’re getting in better shape, which is going to happen throughout the year.”

Read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/husky-girl...truggle-early-season
By Alissa Noe
Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds