× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Cougar boys lacrosse falls to defending state champs

17 May 2019 17:58 #1 by CanyonCourier
COLORADO SPRINGS — Since the dawn of head coach Jay Eggar’s tenure at Evergreen High School, the boys lacrosse team has been a case study in how to build up a program from the ashes.

On Friday at Cheyenne Mountain High School, the ninth-seeded Cougars ended their 2019 run with a 13-6 loss to the No. 1 Indians in the second round of the 4A state tournament. They had defeated No. 9 Aspen on the road a few days before to seal their comeback story.

“I love my boys,” Eggar said. “We played so hard this entire year, and I hate to see us go away on this note, but what a hell of a team they’ve got — defending state champions. We played them really well. We played them hard, and we played them better than anybody all season long here in Colorado. I’m really proud of our season.”

Subscribe and read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/cougar-boy...fending-state-champs
By Alissa Noe
Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds