× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Your Denver Broncos Finally Win!

07 Oct 2019 08:38 #1 by FredHayek
Beating the San, er, Los Angeles Chargers in Hollywood in a stadium full of screaming Broncos fans. Good for them! And to put the cherry on the top, the KC Chiefs lose at home to the "luckless" Colts. Well done Indianapolis!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Oct 2019 10:44 #2 by ramage
I had the opportunity to view the Patriots v. Redskins. Also the Chiefs v. Colts,
In the first game, when the camera showed Brady on the bench he was always in consultation with the OC, McDaniels and his receivers. Very business-like, pouring over their iPads to review plays. In the second game when the camera showed Mahomes, he was alone on the bench, seemingly watching the Jumbotron, no one near him.
Just one point as to why the Patriots are what they are, Champs.

08 Oct 2019 13:31 #3 by FredHayek
Last week was the first chance I had to watch a whole Bronco game and frankly I wasn't that impressed. They did play better, but I think the Chargers lost that game more than the Broncos won. Maybe they will continue the process this week.

23 Oct 2019 09:52 #4 by ramage
It appears that the Broncos have given up on the 2019 season with the trading of Sanders for 2 future draft picks.
Joe Flacco will be 35 y.o. in Jan. I don't think that he is going to get more mobile with age.
Brandon Allen is not Josh Allen.
Any solutions?

23 Oct 2019 11:24 #5 by FredHayek
Three consecutive years of losing football after a Super Bowl win in 2016. How the mighty have fallen? John Elway is very competitive, but maybe it is time for him to realize that he can't pick personnel. He needs to hire some young hotshot who better understands what players the team needs to win in the modern NFL. Flaco? Only appears to be phoning it in. He has no sense of urgency in the last game. Hopefully the Broncos are able to trade off more expensive players for draft picks before the trade deadline. Chris Harris, and I would even let Von Miller go for a proven Left Tackle.

23 Oct 2019 12:43 #6 by ramage
Agree.

But who is the proven Left Tackle going to protect?

23 Oct 2019 16:44 #7 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: Agree.

But who is the proven Left Tackle going to protect?

Great question! I read today that they don't plan to start Drew Lock until week 15. Don't we want to see what the kid has?

23 Oct 2019 17:10 #8 by ramage
Back in the "old days", rookie QB learned from a veteran, e.g. Farve - Rodgers, Flutie - Breeze, Bledsoe - Brady, to name a few.
Today, they have to immediately, eg, Josh Allen Kyler Murray., Sam Darnold. That's the way it is currently , there is no opportunity for a young QB to learn without threatening the existing QB.
Perhaps the Ravens, did the right thing allowing Lamar Jackson to sit behind Flacco for a season. We will see.
Right now the Broncos have no roll models. Drew Lock is on injured reserve, no opportunity to learn in real time. Looks pretty bad for the Broncos.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds