× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Evergreen Olympic hopeful must wait another year

03 Apr 2020 19:59 #1 by CanyonCourier
Evergreen’s Kendall Chase has been gifted with exceptional athleticism. That was evident even from a young age.

“My whole life I’ve been super into sports,” Chase said. “I remember one time I was at the rec center with my parents doing a spin class and I probably was like 10 and, at the time, I was a swimmer. And this one guy asked me to sign his water bottle because he was like, ‘You’re going to be a famous athlete one day, I just know it.’ ... Ever since I was a kid, I’ve just always wanted to be at the pinnacle of athletics.”

A few months from now, the 25-year-old was in line for a chance to reach the highest of heights in sports with a possible qualification for the Olympics as a member of the United States women’s rowing team.

That dream will have to be on hold for another year.

Read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/evergreen-...st-wait-another-year
By Alissa Noe
Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Apr 2020 10:19 #2 by FredHayek
I feel so sorry for all these athletes having to wait another year, but this the wrong time for Tokyo to host world at the Olympics. Hopefully Kendall has a great time at the Olympics next year.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds