× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

BIG 10 ??

07 Sep 2020 18:24 #1 by ramage
BIG 10 ?? was created by ramage
How would you feel if you were a Big 10 footballer, not playing and watching the ACC, SEC, Big12, Independents play?
On a positive note maybe they will go to class.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Sep 2020 20:05 #2 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic BIG 10 ??
I would feel like voting for Trump. Maybe twice:grouphug:

08 Sep 2020 09:35 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic BIG 10 ??
The funny thing is that they will still have to practice. So they are still getting exposed 5-6 days a week to people from all over the US.
Much like a game of college football. I am hearing some scuttlebutt that they might do a half season in November and December. That is a lot of TV money they are passing up.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Sep 2020 08:15 #4 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic BIG 10 ??
It took only one week-end of college football in the SEC, ACC, Big 12 to cause this:

"The Big Ten will have medical protocols that include daily coronavirus testing and enhanced cardiac screening, the announcement said. The conference’s university presidents and chancellors voted unanimously to resume the season."

16 Sep 2020 15:50 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic BIG 10 ??
Good to see the Big Ten get smart. In Ohio, my relatives kids are playing high school football right now. The Bengals and Browns are also playing. It might be safer for the athletes than the general student population, especially based on what we are seeing at CU-Boulder right now.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Sep 2020 18:10 #6 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic BIG 10 ??
The head of Big 10 athletics is definitely in over his head. His ultimate hypocrisy is that his son is playing football at Mississippi State but he shut down the Big 10.
They are not going to start until Oct 24. It will be interesting to see how OSU and PSU are ranked having played no games (they were in the top 10 pre-season).
I do not know if all the other Fall sports will be playing, if they are not, expect lawsuits very quickly form the parents of students not allowed to play soccer, etc.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds