× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

BRADY OR BELICHICK

24 Jan 2021 18:15 #1 by ramage
BRADY OR BELICHICK was created by ramage
Tom Brady is on his way to his umpteenth Super Bowl. Bill Belichick had a losing record this season. Who was more responsible for the past success of the Patriots?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2021 09:27 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic BRADY OR BELICHICK
Both? Belichek made up the team for Tom Brady. Tom Brady adapted his playing style to fit the changes in the NFL and the personnel changes with the Patriots. Tom Brady did have major challenges adapting to Tampa Bay's more casual attitude and for the first time ever, entered the playoffs as a wild card. Bill did make a bad choice in the off-season. There is a reason Cam Newton was available, he hasn't been good in years. I doubt he plays for the Patriots next season.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Jan 2021 09:48 #3 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic BRADY OR BELICHICK
I agree that Belichick recognized and use appropriately the talent of Brady. However, Brady adapted to the personnel that the Patriots had (these personnel decisions may have been made by the G.M. with some input from Belichick. I don't know the inside story of the Pat).
One example of Brady's ability to adapt is the period of time when the Pats had 2 superior tight ends, Hernandez and Gronkowski and not much in the way of downfield talent. Brady went to a short passing game and was very successful.
In 2019 Tampa Bay was 7-9. Now they are in the Super Bowl and the Patriots are 7-9. The Brady Effect?

25 Jan 2021 20:24 #4 by FredHayek
Bravo to Brady! Maybe Giselle was paying the referees, and not Belichek? Kidding!

30 Jan 2021 07:00 #5 by ramage
Attachments:

07 Feb 2021 20:31 #6 by ramage
Tom Brady, is there any question?

08 Feb 2021 09:00 #7 by FredHayek
Belichek was a .500 coach for the Browns before he linked up with the Patriots and Tom Brady.

Yesterday Tom looked more like a 30 year old QB than a 43 year old one. Good for him, he maintains a off-season program that leaves him in top shape all year long. And he has already promised to return for next year.

Great stat, only two franchises have won six Super Bowls, the Steelers and the Patriots. Only one player has won seven Super Bowls, Tom Brady. I predict this feat will never be broken.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds