× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

OPENING DAY 2021. ROCKIES

31 Mar 2021 18:30 #1 by ramage
20 yrs ago we went to the opening day game of the Rockies (4/2/2001, v. Cardinals). Saw Mike Hampton go 8 1/3 innings, (could easily have pitched a complete game) to win a shut out, 8-0.
Like the seasons before and the seasons afer, we were hopeful in the spring, only to be disappointed in Sept. But in 2001, 9/11 wiped out any considerations of baseball.
Now kids ( sorry, soldiers) are still dying in the Middle East 20 yrs after that wonderful spring. Trump had set a deadline of May 1 for the removal of our troops from Afghanistan, Biden says he won't do that.
As we say in baseball "wait till next year."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Apr 2021 09:19 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic OPENING DAY 2021. ROCKIES
The Colorado Rockies are supposed to be bad this season, but I don't really care. I am happy to see baseball back. And I hope fans still go to Coors Field and also return to downtown to support the merchants and workers who had a tough year financially in 2020.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Apr 2021 18:50 #3 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic OPENING DAY 2021. ROCKIES
Fred,
It seems that we have our own personal thread. I must ask if you have any thoughts on the removal of the MLB all-star game from Atlanta. To me, the logic of the MLB would dictate that the Atlanta Braves should not be allowed to play any home games in the state of Georgia.
For that matter neither should the Falcons (NFL) nor the Hawks (NBA).
Let's carry this further, why should the city of Denver host, as a visiting team, any of those teams coming from the racist state of Georgia?

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds