× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO "OUR" COLORADO ROCKIES?

06 Jun 2021 12:24 - 06 Jun 2021 12:24 #1 by ramage
Having just read that Trevor Story has no interest in staying with the Rockies, it brings to mind a posting on one of the Rockies Blogs, that thanked the Monforts for" bringing minor league baseball back to Colorado."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jun 2021 07:22 #2 by FredHayek
Teams have their ups and downs. In the last three years, they were in the playoffs twice. Now it is time to rebuild, but I think they do have a good core. The starting pitching has been very good at Coors Field lately, the biggest concern right now is that they can't hit on the road. Ryan McMahon is an up and coming bright star.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Jun 2021 18:56 #3 by ramage
Good to hear from someone one follows and cares about the Rockies. If they lose Trevor after the Arenado fiasco who will come here as a free agent ? Been going to the Rockies since 1993 in the old football stadium, hope springs eternal.

08 Jun 2021 07:34 #4 by FredHayek
I would be more upset about losing Trevor than Nolan. I think Nolan is on the backside of his career. Hopefully they can get some value for him trading him after the All-Star Game. The Yankees are desperate. Would love some good hitting infield and outfield prospects.

14 Jun 2021 17:23 #5 by ramage
Nolan Arenado went to the Cardinals, all that is left is Trevor Story and Charlie Blackmon. Sorry state of affairs. I think that Blackmon would like to follow Helton and stay with the Rockies for his entire career. Coors Field seems friendly to left handed hitters.

04 Jul 2021 10:45 #6 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: Nolan Arenado went to the Cardinals, all that is left is Trevor Story and Charlie Blackmon. Sorry state of affairs. I think that Blackmon would like to follow Helton and stay with the Rockies for his entire career. Coors Field seems friendly to left handed hitters.

Blackmon just hit 35 and his power numbers are slipping but I still think he is a valuable member of the team. The Rockies starting pitching is amazing right now! The bullpen? Scary, I need to keep Tums on hand for when Bud Black calls for them.

Story is having issues hitting, maybe that might make him less valuable in a trade and we could keep him for another few years.

13 Jul 2021 15:04 #7 by FredHayek
At least they know how to win at home.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds