× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

AVALANCHE!

16 Jun 2022 07:17 #1 by ramage
AVALANCHE! was created by ramage
The Colorado Avalanche won the first game of the Stanley Cup Finals, defeating Tamp Bay Lightening, 4-3 in overtime. The Avalanche have the best rink players (forwards, defense, centers) the Lightening have the best goalie in the NHL.
Will the baseball axiom, in a short series pitching prevails, hold up in the Cup Finals as to the team with the best goalie?
Tune in June 18, Saturday 6 PM MDT on ABC nationally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jun 2022 21:48 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic AVALANCHE!
Av's win the second game of the series 7-0! After the scary overtime opening game, this blowout was quite enjoyable to watch.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Jun 2022 18:23 #3 by BrooksPlaceTavern
Replied by BrooksPlaceTavern on topic AVALANCHE!
Don't forget Brook's Place Tavern is the place to be for the Avalanche games!! 18 HDTVs, surround sound & now a 50" TV outside!! $4.50/Avalanche Pints now til close!!

Lets go AVALANCHE!!

www.brooksplacetavern.com/
25577 Conifer Rd, #100, Conifer CO 80433
303-816-1499
Open Daily 11am-8pm
Facebook
Instagram
"Make Brooks Place, Your Place!"
Attachments:

28 Jun 2022 22:03 #4 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic AVALANCHE!
I am very happy that the Av's won. But let's not overlook that Univ of Denver won the NCAA championship, Denver East High School won the National High School championship. Denver is indeed the ice hockey capital of the country.i

09 Jul 2022 08:54 #5 by ramage
A new twist potentially for next season. The USA has denied Kirill Kaprizov, a forward for the Minnesota Wild re-entry into the US. He is arguably the best player on the Wild.
Carrying this policy to the Avalanche, who cut Kuemper loose and signed a Russian goalie, Alexandar Georgiev. Hope that he didn't go home to visit.

10 Jul 2022 07:12 #6 by ramage
Not to worry. Georgiev is a Bulgarian not Russian.

10 Jul 2022 12:34 #7 by pbj23000
Replied by pbj23000 on topic AVALANCHE!
It's still pretty scary what's going on with Russians in the NHL, obviously due to the Russian war in Ukraine. Igor Fedotov who was the first to face this treatment, but also Egor Afanasyev, Artem Grushnikov, Ilya Sorokin, Denis Guryanov and Dmitry Samorukov all have somewhat the same issue that Kaprisov does. The Avs playoff breakout superstar Val Nichushkin also played for CSKA Moscow, but his name hasn't come up in association with the Russian army draft as far as I can tell.

10 Jul 2022 15:50 #8 by ramage
If the NHL were to blacklist all the Russian players it would decimate the NY Rangers. Panarin, Shesterkin, to begin with. Kaprisov does not have an issue with the Russian military rather the U.S. won't give him a visa to re-enter the U.S. Hope that it is just a technicality.

31 Jul 2022 09:02 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic AVALANCHE!
I would advise the Russian players in the US to not go home this year. I think the Ukraine war will take years before victory is declared. #stalemate

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds