× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

DEION SANDERS

17 Feb 2023 18:01 - 17 Feb 2023 18:02 #1 by ramage
DEION SANDERS was created by ramage
I, along with many, am excited about the hiring of Deion Sanders as coach of the CU Buffalo football team.
What is your opinion?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Mar 2023 16:10 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic DEION SANDERS
With the breakdown of the Pac12, I think the Buffs will win enough games to get to a bowl game, only need six wins in a twelve game season. And his fame will sell bowl tickets.

Many of the junior college players he has signed may not be up to snuff, guess that is why they play the games.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Sep 2023 08:51 #3 by FredHayek
Downgrade? Now Vegas has Sanders and the Buffs only winning four games this year. Hopefully one of the wins is against the Nebraska Cornhuskers!

01 Sep 2023 15:13 #4 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic DEION SANDERS
The schedule for CU doesn't do them any favors. Starting with TCU, the national finalist. I don't expect the Buffs to win but would like it. Looking froward to watching the game.

02 Sep 2023 14:06 #5 by ramage
Coach Prime backed up his words. CU 45 TCU 42.
when I wrote that I was looking forward to watching the game, I did not realize that FOX was carrying the broadcast. FOX is not available on DirectV, which I have, due to a contractural dispute, i.e. money.
Listened on KOA 850 AM, very exciting ending.

02 Sep 2023 20:29 #6 by FredHayek
I feel so happy for Mark Johnson, Buffs announcer. After years of covering mediocre teams, I heard his final call of the game today on national TV and radio. Congratulations Mark, Prime Time, and the overachieving Buffs players.

06 Sep 2023 13:17 #7 by ramage
Right now CU is in the top 25 in the polls. Don't know how long it will last but it is great to be there after so many years.

09 Sep 2023 18:57 #8 by ramage
CU defeats Nebraska handily.
Deion Sanders backs up his talk.
Playing CSU next week.

16 Sep 2023 14:12 #9 by ramage
Deion Sanders is a tour de force. Watched him, this morning on the ESPN pregame show. In a league of his own; laughing, joking, and exchanging banter with the hosts. No one would think that he will be coaching later in the day in ESPN's primetime game. Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson, who played for the Univ of Miami in their hay days, winning the National Championship, says no one like Sanders has been an NCAA FB coach. I agree.
Good luck to CU tonight.

17 Sep 2023 13:59 #10 by ramage
First, a fantastic game from both CU and CSU.
Second, ESPN made a major scheduling mistake by having the game so late. I can only imagine what numbers of watchers would have been had the game started at 2 PM MDT , (4 PM EDT), instead of 8 PM (MDT), 10 PM (EDT).
Third, I believe that one of the reasons Deion Sanders took the CU head coach position was that it would give him the opportunity to showcase his son, QB Shedeur at a team in a highly visible Power 5 Conference. Shedeur is now considered a high 1st round NFL draft choice.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds