× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

5 NFL Players Punished For Betting Football Games

21 Apr 2023 16:59 #1 by FredHayek
Two of them were betting on NFL games. The other three were betting on college games using phones at team facilities.
Have to think professional gamblers would have millions of reasons to bribe players to tank games. They even have prop bets on individual team members, like how many sacks Von Miller will get in a game. He could just develop a minor injury and skip the 2nd half, or pay the opposing offensive lineman to fall down and let Von Miller into the backfield.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Apr 2023 10:08 #2 by ramage
As usual the devil is in the details and all are not available. What we do know one of the players, Jameson Williams, placed an online bet, using a telephone located in the facilities of the team, the Detroit Lions. The bet was legal and did not violate NFL rules. His sin was using a telephone located on the premises. Had he made the call off premises, he would not be involved.
At this time I have not found information on the other 4 players.

09 May 2023 18:59 #3 by FredHayek
University of Alabama baseball coach was fired over betting on baseball. Was he betting on his team or against?

I think a relative or close friend would make the bets after the manager would call him. They showed him on the phone with his cohort at the right time.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds