× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

SAME OLD SAME OLD BRONCOS

10 Sep 2023 18:10 #1 by ramage
Lost another season opener. So let's see what the Bronco did to achieve this.
Well, they released McManus after 9 seasons and now have a kicker who missed an extra point and a gimme field goal today. 4 points, we lost 17-16. Oh, by the way, McManus was 4/4 on Xpoints and 1/1 on field goals (45 yds) for the winning Jacksonville Jaguars.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Sep 2023 20:08 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic SAME OLD SAME OLD BRONCOS
Seven straight losses for the Broncos against the Raiders! Josh McDaniel must love dominating the franchise that fired him.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Sep 2023 19:39 #3 by FredHayek
Another loss at home to a mediocre opponent. Are the Waltons regretting their purchase?

18 Sep 2023 10:54 #4 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic SAME OLD SAME OLD BRONCOS
The Waltons are not regretting their purchase, in my opinion. The bottom line is what is important; TV contracts, full stadium, etc.
As to the actual team, they are stuck with Wilson's expensive contract, it is telling that Pete Carroll was happy to trade him away. Additionally, a mediocre front office,

24 Sep 2023 08:02 #5 by FredHayek
The value of the Broncos has increased by 10% in only one year! Inflation? Or is owning a sports franchise the new glamor investment?

25 Sep 2023 08:54 #6 by ramage
After Sunday's debacle, owning the Broncos is not a glamour investment but is is a profitable one.

25 Sep 2023 17:18 #7 by ramage
This was Terrill Davis's comment :Davis he felt the Broncos "quit." He compared this start to the Broncos' 0-4 start in 1999

"I hate to say this, but I was hoping that (Dolphins coach) Mike (McDaniel) would go for it (73 points, an NFL record). He owed it to his team to be historical," Davis said.

Pretty severe commentary from a former Bronco.

For those who don't know, the Dolphins could have kicked an easy field goal in the waning seconds and
set an NFL record but McDaniel, the Dolphin coach, chose not to further embarass the Broncos.

30 Sep 2023 09:44 - 30 Sep 2023 09:45 #8 by ramage
Attachments:

08 Oct 2023 17:44 #9 by ramage
The Broncos told Coach Prime to "hold my beer". when they played today. God forbid, what is going to when they play K.C. on Thursday?

13 Oct 2023 10:32 #10 by FredHayek
The Kansas City Chiefs have beat the Denver Broncos 16 times in a row! The Raiders? 14 times. Total domination. Because of a last place schedule, the Broncos are playing Green Bay next. Might have a chance to actually win that game.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds