× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Bronco fans just like republicans

23 Sep 2010 17:36 #1 by UNDER MODERATION
Bronco fans just like republicans was created by UNDER MODERATION
When I moved here in 92 I worked for a company that had very few native employees, and right away I noticed a hatred of the Broncos..Everyone said just wait, you'll hate em and their fans too..After watching local sportscasts and listening to local radio for a year I understood. The Blind Homerism here is unlike any other town in America. Nobody says anything bad about the team, even when they clearly stink. People take anti Bronco talk real personal, so personal it's laughable. It's very immature, it's real weak, but it's just like how republicans look at the country- "Don't say anything bad about America, were perfect, we never do anything wrong!" And they get their feelings all hurt and call you a traitor if you dare suggest that we might not be so sqeeky clean... They make a sh*t performance vs Jacksonville sound like a good game, and killing a million people in Iraq sound heroic...Its bulls*it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Sep 2010 18:24 #2 by The Viking
Off the meds again. Comparing cheering on the Broncos to cheering on killing Iraqis. :bash

23 Sep 2010 21:45 #3 by Rockdoc
Another case of misfiring synapsis engaged in philosophical thinking lol I think a more apt comparison exists between fans and unions if you wish to consider blind loyalty, irrational thought, etc.

24 Sep 2010 07:47 - 28 Sep 2010 10:22 #4 by TPP
vl, why are you here?

24 Sep 2010 10:05 #5 by FredHayek
Actually I find Bronco fans very easy to rip on their team. Did you miss the groans when Cutler was traded? How about when Marshall moved on?
Even in the Elway years, when he had a bad game, people wanted Kubiak to come in.

Your other point? Yes, Republicans do tend to be more optomistic about America and are more willing to forgive past sins. Holding the people of 100 years ago to modern moral standards is foolish.

Dems are funny, because they find fault so easily, they have few past heroes they can hold up. FDR? Japanese interment camps. JFK, Vietnam & the Bay of Pigs. Truman? Nuked Japan.

For Republicans, Reagan? Still like him despite granting amnesty for illegal aliens and passing gun legislation. W? Still like him despite spending too much.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Sep 2010 18:08 #6 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Bronco fans just like republicans

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Another case of misfiring synapsis engaged in philosophical thinking lol I think a more apt comparison exists between fans and unions if you wish to consider blind loyalty, irrational thought, etc.

I've been involved in Unions for 30 years and i've not EVER seen blind loyalty to them-the meetings get violent..The membership is NEVER happy...So, once again, you don't know what your talking about

24 Sep 2010 18:09 #7 by UNDER MODERATION

TPP wrote: vl, why are you here?
Sports Right?

Thats some trophy you got there...Was it just born when you shot it?

24 Sep 2010 18:10 #8 by UNDER MODERATION

SS109 wrote: Actually I find Bronco fans very easy to rip on their team. Did you miss the groans when Cutler was traded? How about when Marshall moved on?
Even in the Elway years, when he had a bad game, people wanted Kubiak to come in.

Your other point? Yes, Republicans do tend to be more optomistic

It's not optomism...It's insecurity and ignorance

24 Sep 2010 22:12 #9 by ScienceChic
Would that make Detroit, Cincinnati, and Cleveland fans sado-masochists??

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Sep 2010 08:54 #10 by TPP

Vice Lord wrote:

TPP wrote: vl, why are you here?
Sports Right?

Thats some trophy you got there...Was it just born when you shot it?

Nope NO Spots Dumbass! How long ya been hosting Wild Kingdom?

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds