× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

2A Football Brackets are out

07 Nov 2010 10:57 #1 by chocolove
Looks like we are playing Buena Vista at Buena Vista next Saturday

http://www.chsaa.org/sports/football/pd ... cket10.pdf

[center:1bff57x4]GO HUSKIES!!![/center:1bff57x4]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Nov 2010 13:01 #2 by lclotfelter
Would be nice to see a big group travel and support this team, I know they love having fans show up to their games.

07 Nov 2010 14:03 #3 by chocolove
I know we will be there!

07 Nov 2010 19:39 #4 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic 2A Football Brackets are out
I used to care when my kids were playing.......

07 Nov 2010 21:28 #5 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote: I used to care when my kids were playing.......

We all know you don't care about anyone but yourself. Not very impressive.

07 Nov 2010 21:30 #6 by The Viking
We got screwed in the brackets I think. 6 of the 8 teams above us have worse records and we are stuck playing the only undefeated team if we win the first one. We should have been ranked 4-7 at least and been in the lower bracket.

18 Nov 2010 07:02 #7 by badman
Replied by badman on topic 2A Football Brackets are out
We need a BIG CROWD! WE can't let the visiting team have more than us! They are going to bring fans!

19 Nov 2010 12:49 #8 by chocolove
Found this great article about both teams playing on Saturday. Granted it is from Canon City Daily Record so there is more information on Florence than us but I thought it was a pretty good article. Here is a little bit of the article and then the link to the article:

On to the Next One
No. 1 Florence to face No. 9 Platte Canyon in state quarterfinals

Brad Cochi
The Daily Record

After a 35-7 win over Eaton in the first round, the Florence Huskies are in the state quarterfinals.

At 1 p.m. Saturday, the Florence Huskies (11-0) will travel to face the No. 9-seeded Platte Canyon Huskies (10-1) in Bailey. When the two Huskies squads meet Saturday, they’ll be looking to do a lot of the same things to one another. Both Florence and Platte Canyon play run-oriented, clock-control offensive styles.

In its 58-38 first-round win over Buena Vista, Platte Canyon amassed 615 yards, led by Hunter Bode (250 rushing yards, 3 touchdowns) and Mikey Gunkel (182 yards rushing yards, 2 touchdowns). On its way to defeating Eaton 35-7 in the first round, the Florence rushing attack flexed its tournament muscles, as well, racking up 309 yards. Senior tailback John Alexander led Florence with 169 yards.

Florence head coach Mark Buderus said his defense will have to be on its game in order to stop, or contain, Platte Canyon’s powerful double-wing attack.

“They just get toe-to-toe and smash it double-wing,” Buderus said. “They have some big ole kids and bog it all down. The quarterback pitches it to the running back, they all lead up in there and it’s just a mess.

“We’re just going to have to be tougher than heck. You’ve gotta scheme them a little, but you’ve just gotta be tough. You’ve gotta get in there, fight like hell and stuff it all up.”

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/spo ... p?ID=15269

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds