× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Melo trade. This just in....

22 Feb 2011 11:40 #11 by Rockdoc

The Viking wrote: Denver made a killing on this trade. We got 4 of New Yorks Starters several draft picks and $3 million for one of our starters and a 6th man who is past his prime. 3 of the guys we got average between 15 and 17 points each and under 23 years of age. And we aren't done, we many trade one of those that we just got with Nene and could get another big player and / or some very high draft picks. And we will now have a lot of room under the salary cap to pick up a big player next year. All in all, everyone is saying that Denver made a fantastic deal here. And we still should remain very competitive this year into the playoffs.

Right. It will be interesting to see if Denver will deal one or more of the players they got on this deal. Alternatively, i'm inclined to think that George may be better served here in that these players may well want to work together to achieve success.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2011 12:31 #12 by The Viking

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

The Viking wrote: Denver made a killing on this trade. We got 4 of New Yorks Starters several draft picks and $3 million for one of our starters and a 6th man who is past his prime. 3 of the guys we got average between 15 and 17 points each and under 23 years of age. And we aren't done, we many trade one of those that we just got with Nene and could get another big player and / or some very high draft picks. And we will now have a lot of room under the salary cap to pick up a big player next year. All in all, everyone is saying that Denver made a fantastic deal here. And we still should remain very competitive this year into the playoffs.

Right. It will be interesting to see if Denver will deal one or more of the players they got on this deal. Alternatively, i'm inclined to think that George may be better served here in that these players may well want to work together to achieve success.

Yeah I think we will get another decent player or two out of this and/or another draft choice. And we will have a good solid core team and a much better defensive team. We are the #1 offensive team but 25th in defense and that is why we are just over .500. We have a chance now to have a really strong defensive team with several good scorers and a lot of money and room under the cap to pick up another Anthony type player to be the final piece. I think it is a franchise changing trade.

22 Feb 2011 12:33 #13 by The Viking
The #1 scoring team in the NBA and we are only 1 game out of being out of the playoffs. Defense wins games. We just changed the whole dynamic of this team for the better.

22 Feb 2011 12:52 #14 by The Viking
Here is a brief comparrison.

Salaries exchanged. We how have to pay about $16 million for the 4 we picked up and they have to cover $33 million. Avg age is about 24 for our new players and about 28 for theirs. The 4 players we now have average 53 point 17 rebounds and 14 assists and all were starters. The players we gave up which only Anthony was the real starter. Billups was a 6th man and the other 2 were barely used. They averaged 47 points 16 rebounds and 9 assists. So we gained a lot in the stats, and got $3 million in cash, and saved $17 million per year at least. So we now have lots of money to go after a high profile free agent. Not to mention a much younger team and 3 more draft picks.

22 Feb 2011 12:56 #15 by The Viking
I will miss Chauncey Billups as he was a class act and it would have been nice for him to retire here but he was key in this trade and we got a whole lot for our future thanks to him. He would have only been here for a few more years anyway and he was getting over $13 million a year.

22 Feb 2011 13:57 #16 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Melo trade. This just in....
Like you two racists even watch basketball...

22 Feb 2011 14:12 #17 by FredHayek

Vice Lord wrote: Like you two racists even watch basketball...

:thumbsup: Birdman is my favorite player! Luckily they kept him. Too bad the nutrition supplements he peddles aren't keeping him healthy.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Feb 2011 14:35 #18 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Melo trade. This just in....

SS109 wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Like you two racists even watch basketball...

:thumbsup: Birdman is my favorite player! Luckily they kept him. Too bad the nutrition supplements he peddles aren't keeping him healthy.

Unfortunately, the Matress King's kid is the only guy he can beat off the dribble...

[youtube:2rr6tjk3]
[/youtube:2rr6tjk3]

23 Feb 2011 06:13 #19 by Rockdoc
Loyalty does have its place and goes beyond $ and selfishness. Nuggets apologize to Billups after trading him. Now that is unprecedented in this day and age. While it does not help Billups, it is an exceedingly nice gesture. The same holds for them letting him know that the trade with NY took so long because they did not want to include Billups in the exceedingly selfish Melo drama. Not only did he not care about the Nuggets, but he also did not care about his team mates. He certainly changed over the years he was here... and not for the better.

25 Feb 2011 10:42 #20 by FredHayek
Nuggets 2-0 since the trade! Who needs Melo?

My wife saw a truck yesterday that was dragging a Carmelo Anthony Nuggets jersey behind it, more bitter?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds