× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Melo trade. This just in....

18 Feb 2011 14:17 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Melo trade. This just in.... was created by CinnamonGirl
DENVER -- The Denver Nuggets and New Jersey Nets have reached a tentative agreement on a deal that would send Nuggets All-Stars Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups to the Nets. That's according to The Record in Bergen, NJ which cites NBA sources.

The report says the deal is contingent on Anthony agreeing to sign a three-year $65 million contract extension.

If Anthony says yes, major changes will take place. Denver will send Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Sheldon Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman to the Nets.

The Nets will send Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh and four first-round draft picks to Denver.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-report-nu ... 7130.story

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2011 07:50 #2 by FredHayek
Will the Nuggets recover? I think they will. The current trend of grouping superstars won't work IMO. Seems like winning teams are one superstar and a good supporting staff, Michael Jordan & the Bulls, Kobe & the Lakers, etc.

The Nuggets tried adding Iverson to Anthony and it just didn't work out.

So I think the Nuggets will hopefully get a good base and be lucky enough to draft a superstar.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Feb 2011 08:23 #3 by Rockdoc
It seems to me that Melo has his mind set on being with the Knicks, not the Nets. My perception is that he will not sign and force Denver's hand. I'm getting the impression it's all about Melo (under the guise of "its business" without a second thought to Denver. Let's see how it plays out. Perhaps he will surprise me, but I think he believes that he will have a better chance f winning with NY than NJ. Karma may just come into play and have Denver winning it all while he never wins it. Just a thought.

22 Feb 2011 08:28 #4 by Rockdoc
Oh, just looked to see that Denver did trade Melo to NY. Now we shall see how it all goes.

22 Feb 2011 09:18 #5 by The Viking
Denver made a killing on this trade. We got 4 of New Yorks Starters several draft picks and $3 million for one of our starters and a 6th man who is past his prime. 3 of the guys we got average between 15 and 17 points each and under 23 years of age. And we aren't done, we many trade one of those that we just got with Nene and could get another big player and / or some very high draft picks. And we will now have a lot of room under the salary cap to pick up a big player next year. All in all, everyone is saying that Denver made a fantastic deal here. And we still should remain very competitive this year into the playoffs.

22 Feb 2011 10:03 #6 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Melo trade. This just in....

Rockdoc Franz wrote: I'm getting the impression it's all about Melo (under the guise of "its business" without a second thought to Denver.

Yeah ...He should be forced to work and live in a cowtown that he doesn't want to live and work in...

Very Nazi like there Roc

22 Feb 2011 10:11 #7 by UNDER MODERATION
Carmello is a great scorer, but he's no Michael Jordan..I don't even think he's a current top 10 player. He doesn't play defense, he's doesn't pass, and he takes days off. Betting on the Nuggets has always evolved around this question: Will they show up to play tonight. I know Chauncy is a champion, but he has always complained about the team not showing up and I gotta lay a lot of that on Carmello. So...It's good

END OF SUBJECT

22 Feb 2011 10:46 #8 by FredHayek
I predict the Knicks will get a little better, but they won't be winning the East anytime soon. Not worth what they gave up.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Feb 2011 11:32 #9 by Rockdoc

SS109 wrote: I predict the Knicks will get a little better, but they won't be winning the East anytime soon. Not worth what they gave up.

That is kind of what I'm thinking too.

22 Feb 2011 11:38 #10 by UNDER MODERATION

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

SS109 wrote: I predict the Knicks will get a little better, but they won't be winning the East anytime soon. Not worth what they gave up.

That is kind of what I'm thinking too.

Take it from a guy who has a Basketball child prodigy-If the Knicks average 100 points now, they'll average 103.75 tomarrow, but if they give up an average of 100 now, they'll give up 102 tommarow so they got a little better, but not much.

END OF SUBJECT

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds