× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Nuggets Better Without Melo?

04 Mar 2011 10:22 #1 by FredHayek
lol Personally I would love for the Nuggets to win the West this year.

And I think the Knicks were stupid giving up all their fine young talent, when they could have got Melo for free at the end of the season.

Scoreboard? Nuggets won that deal.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Mar 2011 11:50 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Nuggets Better Without Melo?
Personally, the only reason I think we won in the deal is because Melo refused to work for us. My opinion is because of Karl (managerial skills). Karl is good at the mental part of being a coach but is a terrible manager. I believe this is why he has always been a brides maid and never a bride. So good riddance. I think Melo will have to work harder there. Let's see what happens.

04 Mar 2011 17:08 #3 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Nuggets Better Without Melo?
team usually loses to super stars, I hope the Nugs can prove this wrong.

04 Mar 2011 20:39 #4 by Rockdoc
Yes, I think the Nuggets are better.

Looks like NY is on its way to another loss, this time against Cleveland. This trend mirrors others that the Knicks have lost and I'd say NY is suffering more because Melo does not play defense consistently. Nuggets are wining because they are more of a team, run, and play better defense. Note how the Nuggets pulled out the game last night in the 4th quarter. They did not shoot well based on the stats. I did not see the game, but imagine they made a few critical defensive stops to turn the game around.

08 Mar 2011 13:42 #5 by FredHayek
The Knicks were totally stupid, they could have got Melo for free next year and sell tons of season tickets. Now NY fans are seeing Melo is a defensive liability and won't buy season tickets, plus it looks like they traded some good young players.

11 Mar 2011 05:55 #6 by Rockdoc
Given their record over the past 8 games, one would have to say they are better, certainly better than NY over the same period. The only thing in common between the two is Melo. The team with Melo is not performing well. Denver continues to win with defense.

11 Mar 2011 10:11 #7 by FredHayek
Now the new Nuggets beat the Suns, something they haven't done in years!
And the Knicks lose another game, score plenty of points but the defense is lacking.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds