× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

CBA, lockout Q&A; five questions, answers

15 Mar 2011 16:00 #1 by Photo-fish
These are difficult times for a lot of fans to understand or appreciate. With that difficulty in mind, packers.com is going to run a series of questions and answers about the current labor dispute that has resulted in a league-wide lockout of NFL players. Here are five questions and answers to get us started.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/CBA-lockout-QA-five-questions-answers/a9915141-2755-49c9-9d74-22208563100c

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Mar 2011 10:23 #2 by FredHayek
I thought that article might be a little slanted because it came from the Packers themselves, but it looks pretty fair.

I have heard that this is less about the owners versus players than it is about the small market teams versus the rich teams. The money teams like Dallas and the Redskins will continue to pay outrageous salaries for the players they want, because they have the extra cash. The small market teams like Green Bay who earn little from stadium income and a small TV market want to limit what the players can earn, especially giving so much money to unproven first round draft picks. Remember Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf?

Add on: Adrian Peterson, African-American, compares the NFL to modern day slavery. (Peterson is scheduled to be paid over 10 million dollars next year.)
:VeryScared: Talk about disrespecting all the slaves who were brought here against their will in the 19th century and before.
I would volunteer to be a slave for a couple years for 10 million and the conditions NFL players suffer.
Slaves with a per diem, hotel suites, private planes flying them around the country. :lol:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds