Who Has More Phobias? Men or Women?

21 Sep 2011 16:25 #1 by ScienceChic
Snakes...definitely snakes. I used to be afraid of dogs, after this neighbor's big dog decided once to protect me during a visit and not let my Mom get to me - he kept inserting himself between me and her, and it freaked me out (I was 4 at the time). All better now though!

Do you have any usual or unusual phobias?

http://www.livescience.com/16118-gofigure-scares.html
Infographic: What Scares You?
by Ross Toro, LiveScience contributor
Date: 19 September 2011

http://www.livescience.com/13434-phobia ... hobia.html
What Really Scares People: Top 10 Phobias
by Jeanna Bryner, LiveScience Managing Editor
28 March 2011
1. The Dentist
2. Dogs
3. Frightful Flight
4. Thunder and Lightning
5. The Dark
6. Harrowing Heights
7. Other People
8. Scary Spaces
9. Creepy Crawlies
10. Slithering Snakes

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Sep 2011 16:52 #2 by pacamom
I am afraid of the dark.

Snakes don't bother me unless I see them outside somewhere slithering around. I had them in my garden in Berthoud all the time, so I learned to send the dog in first.

Heights, although if I am in a plane or building, the height does not bother me.

And last, elevators. I hate elevators.

21 Sep 2011 18:26 #3 by Rockdoc
Don't know if fobias have a sexual preference, but I'm with you on the snakes SC. Simply don't like them though I have forced myself to handle garter snakes. Ever step on one barefoot? I've a story about that.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds