Super Broccoli

27 Oct 2011 08:38 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Super Broccoli was created by CinnamonGirl
The new broccoli was specially grown to contain two to three times the normal amount of glucoraphanin, a nutrient believed to help ward off heart disease.

"Vegetables are a medicine cabinet already," said Richard Mithen, who led the team of scientists at the Institute for Food Research in Norwich, England, that developed the new broccoli. "When you eat this broccoli ... you get a reduction in cholesterol in your blood stream," he told Associated Press Television.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/ ... 6-09-12-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Oct 2011 09:43 #2 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Super Broccoli
How come scientists don't make Super Bacon?

27 Oct 2011 12:23 #3 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic Super Broccoli
There's already a super broccoli- but most people have never tried it. It grows wild in Italy and will even grow here wild in California and other places.

It's a relative of the domestic broccoli we know here in the US- there are a few different names for it.....

Broccoli Rabe
Rapini
Cime di Rapa (Italian)
Broccoletti

This stuff is a super food- not studied very well in this country- but it will be. Eating this a few times a week will make you feel better in just a week or two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapini

Has anyone ever heard of it?
If your interested - I can explain where to get it and how to cook it.

27 Oct 2011 12:37 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Super Broccoli
You know what I think of, on Gilligan's Island when they ate those vegetables that were nuclear poisoned. And someone ate carrots and could see really far and someone ate spinach and was lifting large objects. Food is perfect for humans. Don't screw with it. Nature knows better.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds