Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars

06 Feb 2012 18:26 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Wanted: Mock Astronauts for Mission to Mars was created by CinnamonGirl
http://news.yahoo.com/wanted-mock-astro ... 04536.html

If you've ever dreamed of becoming an astronaut and have four months to spare, you might have the "right stuff" to fly to Mars … well, sort of.
Scientists at Cornell University studying how best to feed Mars-bound astronauts during their long space trip to the Red Planet have dreamed up a mock mission to see how appetites and food preferences can change over time. The researchers are looking for six volunteers to live and work like astronauts for four months inside a faux space capsule in Hawaii.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Mar 2012 23:04 #2 by mopar
how much beer they gonna send to Mars with tha guys ,,,,,,??? I might sign up ,,, :rofl

15 Mar 2012 07:26 #3 by Nobody that matters
I'm with Mopar, but I want whiskey.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

19 Mar 2012 20:39 #4 by ScienceChic
Scotch and wine for me! Can you imagine being drunk in weightlessness?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds