US government issues statement denying existence of mermaids

04 Jul 2012 18:42 #1 by LOL
Dang!

http://www.thebunsenburner.com/news/u-s ... -mermaids/

In what seems a whimsical mood, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has posted a page in the “Ocean Facts” section of the website of the National Ocean Service denying the existence of mermaids.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jul 2012 18:44 #2 by Mtn Gramma
Have they taken a stand on selkies? :wink:

06 Jul 2012 08:51 #3 by Martin Ent Inc

06 Jul 2012 10:17 #4 by Raees
From your link:

"Recently, the cable television channel Animal Planet generated some controversy by airing a television program titled “Mermaids: The Body Found,” purportedly investigating real scientific evidence of mermaids. Although the show contained disclaimers announcing its fictionality, it was presented in a similar manner to many legitimate nature and history documentaries."

I saw a fascinating show like this on dragons. I joined in the middle and thought it was real. The premise was that scientists had found a cave high in the Alps where the body of a young frozen dragon was discovered. The theory was it took refuge there in warmer times. They even had video of the "body" being thawed out at the lab and examined to discover it could expel a mixture of sulfur and something else to make fire.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds