SpaceX Shows The Way

14 Dec 2012 11:30 #1 by Blazer Bob
http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htspac ... 21214.aspx

December 14, 2012: SpaceX (Space Exploration Technologies Corporation) has obtained its first contract to launch U.S. military cargo into space. SpaceX had earlier obtained a NASA contract which included 12 deliveries to the International Space Station (at $134 million each). What makes all this so noteworthy is that SpaceX is the first privately owned space transportation company. SpaceX developed its own launch rockets without any government help. SpaceX also developed the Dragon space vehicle, for delivering personnel and supplies to the International Space Station.

SpaceX has developed three launchers so far. ".................

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2012 11:48 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic SpaceX Shows The Way
All hail Elon Musk! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Dec 2012 12:13 #3 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic SpaceX Shows The Way
“Out far, and onward yet!”

RAH wrote a story around 60 years ago about a private expidition to the moon. "The Man Who Sold
The Moon".

I will have to reread it if I can find it.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds