ASW of the future

27 Dec 2012 10:33 #1 by Blazer Bob
ASW of the future was created by Blazer Bob
Here’s How Darpa’s Robot Ship Will Hunt Silent Subs

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/12/actuv/#

At the bottom of the piece there are supposed to be 9 comments. I cannot find them. Can someone point me to them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Dec 2012 15:11 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic ASW of the future
Look underneath the "Related Stories" links.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Dec 2012 15:40 #3 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic ASW of the future
Thanks SC but I saw that, I tried that. It takes me here. "
Nothing for you here ... yet. But as you comment with Disqus and follow other Disqus users, you will start to receive notifications here, as well as a personalized feed of activity by you and the people you follow. So get out there and participate in some discussions!"

Science Chic wrote: Look underneath the "Related Stories" links.

27 Dec 2012 15:42 #4 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic ASW of the future
Bob, what browser are you using? I prefer Firefox because there are tons of free add on applications that block pop ups and other security relevant issues. I use Adblock Plus and it blocked the comments until I allowed them to be displayed. A lot of people find this kind of browser behavior annoying, I prefer to know what I'm loading before I allow it to load.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

27 Dec 2012 15:55 #5 by Blazer Bob
IE 9

27 Dec 2012 16:01 #6 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic ASW of the future
Oh ye gods man, purge the evil microsoft software! :biggrin: I had no trouble opening the comments in Firefox (liked the one that thought the thing looked like a Klingon Bird of Prey). lol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Dec 2012 17:09 #7 by Blazer Bob
Thanks. I used google chrome to open the comments. I hear a lot about Firefox but do not speak browser very well.

27 Dec 2012 17:17 #8 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic ASW of the future
Bob, head over to http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/ and get yourself a copy for free. Try it out and have a look around their setup pages, Mozilla makes Firefox easy to use and there are lots of useful add ons.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

27 Dec 2012 18:41 #9 by archer
Replied by archer on topic ASW of the future
Firefox does not play nice on my laptop, I use chrome, and am very happy with it.

31 Dec 2012 08:22 #10 by Blazer Bob

otisptoadwater wrote: Bob, head over to http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/ and get yourself a copy for free. Try it out and have a look around their setup pages, Mozilla makes Firefox easy to use and there are lots of useful add ons.

Thanks, I have it loaded now. I might even try to use it if I find the spell checker.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds