LED Light recall

20 Mar 2013 14:44 #1 by RenegadeCJ
LED Light recall was created by RenegadeCJ
Since SC is hammering us all to use LED bulbs, and even giving them away for certain contests, I'm sure some here might have these bulbs. There is a recall notice for a few.

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/LED ... nce-Group/

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Mar 2013 19:08 #2 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic LED Light recall
Hmm... A small amount of mercury in a CFL or have a fire? I'm going to wait and see how this all plays out, is it a bad batch of LED bulbs or is this a larger problem endemic to LED lamps?

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

21 Mar 2013 09:39 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic LED Light recall
Thanks for the info Renegade, that's really good to know (I'll have to check mine, I probably have some). otis, this is the first I've ever heard of a problem with an LED bulb so I'm guessing it's an isolated bad manufacturing incident, it's certainly not for every week of every year that they've been manufacturing them or for all manufacturers. No product is ever perfect and I'm glad they caught this and are issuing a recall - it's the right thing to do.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Mar 2013 09:56 #4 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic LED Light recall
I haven't heard of this with LEDs either, although it doesn't surprise me that a product made in China will have recalls. That is why I posted about the new CREE bulbs...made in America. Green is great, but it is much more likely to be supported by me if we can get the products made here.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

21 Mar 2013 10:02 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic LED Light recall
I prefer them made here as well - not only does it support our national economy better, it's more environmentally friendly to not be shipping them across the globe! :thumbsup:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds