This Is What A Scientist Looks Like - changing perceptions

01 May 2013 21:29 #1 by ScienceChic
There's lots more photos and bios entered...we're not all boring, plain, anti-social people. :)

This Is What A Scientist Looks Like
Change the perception of who and what a scientist is or isn't.
4/13/2013
File Attachment:

My name is Jolvan Morris, ABD; I’m an Environmental Policy Scientist studying Gulf Coast shrimping policies. On the weekends I’m a Biker Chick and all year long I’m naturally New Orleans! This picture is from my family’s Mardi Gras bike ride.

File Attachment:

I’m Jen and I have a PhD in microbiology from Washington University in St. Louis, where I currently work as a staff scientist specializing in infectious disease research. My alter ego, Biohazard Betty, skates for the Arch Rival Roller Girls. Photo courtesy of Bob Dunnell.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2013 07:11 #2 by FredHayek
I think the TV show Big Bang Theory has educated (mis-educated?) people about science types. Now instead of lab coats, we see cosplay guys with mommy issues.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds