Total Lunar Eclipse Tetrad Starts Tonight, April 15 @ 12am

14 Apr 2014 11:58 #1 by ScienceChic
A series of 4 total lunar eclipses in a row begin tonight and go through 2015 that are all completely visible from the US. If it's clear tonight, the event should start after midnight and go until about 3am if you want to try to catch it yourself.

How To Watch This Week's Total Lunar Eclipse
Robert T. Gonzalez
4/13/14

Late Monday night/early Tuesday morning will be an incredible time for skygazing. Not only is Mars bigger and brighter than it's been in more than six years, you'll also be able to witness the first total lunar eclipse of 2014.

"The most unique thing about the 2014-2015 tetrad is that all of them are visible for all or parts of the USA," said NASA eclipse expert Fred Espenak.

...the best views will come shortly after 7:00 UT (3:00 AM Eastern, midnight Pacific), at the start of totality. This deepest, darkest period of the eclipse will last until almost 4:30 AM Eastern (1:30 AM Pacific)...

Watch online:
Slooh
NASA TV
"Up All Night" chat

[youtube:5cwqvtxd]
[/youtube:5cwqvtxd]
Published on Mar 20, 2014

Visit http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/.. . for more.

A total lunar eclipse on April 15th marks the beginning of a remarkable series of eclipses all visible from North America.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2014 19:39 #2 by otisptoadwater
:sarcasm: Blood Moon sounds so much cooler... Consider the timing too, it's tax day eve in a mid-term election year. The moon changes to the color of blood at midnight and it's a full moon. Add in Mars to the mix and the planetary alignments. Could it be a sign of the impending apocalypse?! Quick, it's time to inventory your supplies, weapons, and prepare!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

14 Apr 2014 19:43 #3 by HappyCamper
I hope to be asleep when this is happening.

If I am awake should a throw a tomato or something :rofllol

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds