a plant-based egg alternative.

21 Apr 2014 09:58 #1 by Blazer Bob
I can wait.

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/the-rep ... om-plants/

"Factory-farmed eggs require more energy to produce than milk and swine, combined. That's just one of the economic arguments inspiring Hampton Creek's quest to create a plant-based egg alternative.

The first thing to greet you when you enter Hampton Creek Foods' headquarters in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood is Jake, the founder's Golden Retriever. When you pull yourself away from his persistent pleas for love, you'll look up and wonder if you've strolled into a coffee shop. Around a large table and along a high counter, a hive of hip, casually dressed 30-somethings have their heads buried in their laptops, typing furiously or reading with furrowed brows. But this venture-backed group of biochemists, marketers and chefs are not making another insufferable mobile app. They are developing a new kind of egg — one made with plants, not laid by chickens."...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Apr 2014 21:07 #2 by mountaindollar
I watched a show on food network about this and it was very interesting.

21 Apr 2014 21:24 #3 by otisptoadwater
Diet cheese, diet cookies, mini foods, now eggs that aren't really eggs. We are going to be the generation that wins the spot in history for ruining food I tells ya...

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds