#FieldWorkFail Lets Scientists Share Their Hilarious Moments

24 Dec 2015 08:42 #1 by ScienceChic
I admit I felt a little guilty laughing. :P One of the #FieldWorkFail tweets recommended that any scientist getting a degree in the biological sciences and having work that requires being out in the field also take come courses in vehicle maintenance. I'd say anything that involves electronics repair, survival, and first aid/medical would be good to have as well. Troubleshooting isn't just about the science but all the pieces and parts that get you to, from, and through the field work.

#FieldWorkFail Lets Scientists Share Their Hilariously Less-Impressive Moments
by Rafi Schwartz
August 6, 2015

For the past few days across social media, the #FieldWorkFail hashtag has been giving us a glimpse at the decidedly unglamorous side of science. The micro-stories told within each post are equal parts hilarious, and illuminating. Here we see science not as a sterile practice in which every day contains a “Eureka!” moment. Rather, it is full of recognizably human failures and foibles, each committed in the quest for knowledge. And the scientists themselves? All-too-human, as well.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds