Maybe this explains the current Political Scene

13 Mar 2019 06:09 #1 by Pony Soldier
www.technologyreview.com/s/613092/a-quan...s-objective-reality/

Back in 1961, the Nobel Prize–winning physicist Eugene Wigner outlined a thought experiment that demonstrated one of the lesser-known paradoxes of quantum mechanics. The experiment shows how the strange nature of the universe allows two observers—say, Wigner and Wigner’s friend—to experience different realities.
Recommended for You

Since then, physicists have used the “Wigner’s Friend” thought experiment to explore the nature of measurement and to argue over whether objective facts can exist. That’s important because scientists carry out experiments to establish objective facts. But if they experience different realities, the argument goes, how can they agree on what these facts might be?

The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Mar 2019 08:50 - 13 Mar 2019 08:53 #2 by homeagain
GREAT site.....different and separate realities have already been proven(I will try to find the link)AND you can be in two places at the same time (same link also)…...quantum physics has always been my fav subject... NOT that I am academia inclined....just that from a metaphysical
pov it provides a better understanding of life.

ILLUSIONS...Adventures of a reluctant messiah, is my all time fav book. Here is a hint of what the book speaks of. "Perspective, use it or lose it. IF you turned to this page, you're forgetting that what is going on around you is not reality. THINK about that for awhile."

14 Mar 2019 08:22 #3 by Brandon
The difference between a normal person and a person who believes that the Washington Post is part of a deep state conspiracy to thwart trump is too large to be explained by quantum mechanics. It can, however be explained by gullibility, stupidity, and/or mental illness.

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and true and false (i.e. the standards of thought) no longer exist." Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds