Covid 19-state by state projections

27 Mar 2020 07:28 #1 by RenegadeCJ
I thought this website was great info on the "bending of the curve" nation wide. Colorado is looking pretty good.

www.healthdata.org/data-visualization/co...te-state-projections

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Mar 2020 09:17 #2 by homeagain
ASSUMING continuous containment measures,soc distance,etc.......so, as I read it Dr. F is correct.....U MUST not discontinue what is already in place......correct me if wrong.

27 Mar 2020 13:18 #3 by FredHayek
From people I talk to, most are holding with the voluntary quarantine, especially seniors I know. I recently went shooting at an open gun range. I was the only one and I brought my bleach wipes to clean my section after I finished. The other members who tend to be older than me were forbidden by their spouses to go out.

This might be much tougher as the days get warmer. Only had contact with three people yesterday and five tonight. Most about six feet away.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Mar 2020 13:39 #4 by homeagain
Warm earth between my toes and hands elbow deep in soil....gardening, I don't have an large parcel of land (!/2 acre) BUT. I do have deer coming thru, hawks circling on the thermals,an
occasional fox will frolic over the hill and prairie dogs putter thru the tall grass....gaggles of geese fly overhead from one pond/lake to another....hooping cranes on occasion,sometimes a badger comes thru (never see,just the BIG holes) and lots of doves. Seems enough to sustain me.....

NATURE will always nurture your needs.....at least that's what I have found.

07 Apr 2020 15:41 - 07 Apr 2020 15:43 #5 by ScienceChic
It may have looked good, but it's vastly underestimating the peak and resources needed according to the Colorado Hospital Association and CDPHE.

Colorado Hospital Association criticizes U of Washington model on spread of COVID-19
Marianne Goodland, Colorado Politics | Apr 7, 2020

The model cited by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington-Seattle has misled Coloradans into thinking the peak of the COVID-19 outbreak is over, according to the Colorado Hospital Association.

The association's Dr. Darlene Tad-y, vice president of clinical affairs, said Tuesday that the April 6 data "doesn't align with what is happening in Colorado hospitals currently."

Tad-y sad there were 1,228 Coloradans hospitalized as of Tuesday morning with COVID-19, a number that has grown steadily since mid-March. Many of these patients require oxygen, and a smaller group, about 20% of those hospitalized, require critical care, including ventilators.

However, Tad-y pointed out, the IHME's model suggests that 110 ventilators would be adequate. "We know that there are nearly four times that number of patients on ventilators in Colorado hospitals today," she said.

Public health officials with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment on Monday also criticized the IHME model.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Apr 2020 15:48 #6 by homeagain
April 29TH.....guess we will see if that is extended further out.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds