To CONTINUE to exist.....

08 Feb 2021 14:56 #1 by homeagain
www.npr.org/2021/02/08/965306203/under-a...to-continue-to-exist

U know that impossible blue sky, high in the hills......WHAT IF IT WERE WHITE?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Feb 2021 07:31 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic To CONTINUE to exist.....

homeagain wrote: www.npr.org/2021/02/08/965306203/under-a...to-continue-to-exist

U know that impossible blue sky, high in the hills......WHAT IF IT WERE WHITE?

To be taken under consideration......since 2030 is a point of NO RETURN

25 Feb 2021 09:08 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic To CONTINUE to exist.....
2030 is the new point of no return? Bah humbug. I have been hearing this apocalyptic nonsense since the late 70's.
Looming Ice Age
Acid Rain
Hole in the atmosphere at the poles
Mass extinction
Population bomb
Peak oil

The press likes to scare you so you will continue to read them so they take the worst projections and amplify them.

And the press and the scientists are fallible. Fossil fuels are a great example. Peak oil was supposed to be in the 70's, but 50 years later, there is more oil than ever before. We literally have a glut of oil and natural gas to power the world for decades despite the population doubling.

Best guess? We continue to have bumps along the road like Coronavirus but the world will keep on turning and humans will keep adapting and developing better technology to overcome the problems that develop.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Feb 2021 09:23 #4 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic To CONTINUE to exist.....
THIS isn't the press speaking...it is the WORLD'S RICHEST PERSON...BILL GATES and he is involved,
both financially,scientifically AND personally...he has researched it enough to ACTUALLY know what he speaks of. 2030 is a "must do" message, he is working towards that date with a vast array of experts.

THE WORD ECOLOGY has been floating around since the mid 60's...our world looks NOTHING like
that decade....substitute floating around in PLASTICS AS A PHRASE,we are choking in our own garbage

25 Feb 2021 09:24 #5 by Pony Soldier
That's true, but I have to point out that the ozone hole was a real thing and it was mitigated through the regulation of CFC's. Acid rain was also a real thing and still occurs in India and China and was (I believe) mitigated through regulating sulfur emissions.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds