Clinical trial of mRNA universal influenza vaccine candidate begins

19 May 2023 17:49 #1 by ScienceChic
Excellent news.

Clinical trial of mRNA universal influenza vaccine candidate begins
Monday, May 15, 2023

A clinical trial of an experimental universal influenza vaccine developed by researchers at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases’ (NIAID) Vaccine Research Center (VRC), part of the National Institutes of Health, has begun enrolling volunteers at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. This Phase 1 trial will test the experimental vaccine, known as H1ssF-3928 mRNA-LNP, for safety and its ability to induce an immune response.

“A universal influenza vaccine would be a major public health achievement and could eliminate the need for both annual development of seasonal influenza vaccines, as well as the need for patients to get a flu shot each year,” said Acting NIAID Director Hugh Auchincloss, M.D. “Moreover, some strains of influenza virus have significant pandemic potential. A universal flu vaccine could serve as an important line of defense against the spread of a future flu pandemic.”

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 May 2023 18:50 #2 by ramage
Please be the first to insure that your daughters in their child bearing years to volunteer.

23 May 2023 16:55 #3 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 May 2023 18:08 #4 by ramage
Start with this article: " pandata.org/are-vaccines-safe-in-pregnan...pfizers-hidden-data/

Then move on to find any studies that were done on pregnant patients. Please do not cite retrospective studies. If you choose to do so then please answer the question:"why did Pfizer exclude pregnant women in their trials?"
Do you find it interesting that the government gave Pfizer/Moderna immunity with regard to issues arising from complications of the mRNA shots.
Now as to my opinion, I think that mRNA administrations may have efficacy for something, but it should not have been foisted on the public as a vaccine, to the extent that the definition of vaccine was changed.
I, personally, do not recommend the mRNA shots to any young adult, particularly females in their childbearing years.

Now, to correct a typo, my comment should read "....years volunteer" ( Drop the preposition "to".)

24 May 2023 06:39 #5 by homeagain
Which is the reason I did "one and done" J&J.....I followed the logic and "did my part" to the collective.

24 May 2023 18:10 #6 by ramage
The J&J medication has been removed from the market and it is being destroyed

25 May 2023 07:07 #7 by homeagain

ramage wrote: The J&J medication has been removed from the market and it is being destroyed

YES, I know...it never was the leader back then and the push has always been for the Pfizer and Moderna.

When they CYA ed with immunity for legal ramifications...I was not surprised and minimized my exposure.
I have yet to get Covid. It's a crap shoot ,I know, but overviewing the odds, I opted for the LEAST amount of
harm. BOOSTER? R U KIDDING ME. I try to eat "clean",stay away from overcrowding situations ( hate massive amounts of people anyway, always use a cloth wipe on the grocery cart....(YUCK, A habit I have had for a very long time.)FLYING, r u kidding me...a steel tube ,with a bunch of pissed off people,trapped at 30,000 feet or what ever zone is designated......I would rather slice my wrists.. Perhaps I am just lucky, or perhaps it is not my time to catch COVID....it's a crap shoot as I said.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds