Conifer's Story on Video

12 Dec 2011 12:29 #1 by coniferchambercommerce
We're pretty proud of this video - we hope you'll like it!

[youtube:1joxw9n5]
[/youtube:1joxw9n5]
http://www.coloradotown.com/main_page.cfm?cityid=33
Conifer's Story on Video

Conifer, Co., was also known, in the 1860s, as Bradford Junction, a stop on the stagecoach road to South Park. A few buildings were erected, including a tavern, rest house, and general store. Bradford Junction deteriorated by the 1890s when the stagecoach road was replaced by the Denver and South Park railroad.

By the 1920s the area was simply known as Conifer. A destination known for it's beautiful Mountain scenery and abundance of wildlife. For decades,the area was primarily a cattle ranching area, and there is still some ranching in southern parts of the community.

Nestled in the foothills 15 miles southwest of Denver, Conifer is far enough from the big city to feel like a true mountain community, but still close enough for visitors to enjoy all the metro area has to offer. Pike National Forest, which runs right through town, provides a home for deer, elk, foxes, birds and rabbits. In the spring and summer, seasonal wildflowers carpet Conifer's hills. The city also maintains multiple parks.

Conifer's Story on Video would like to thank our sponsors:
Biggie Wine & Liquors - ColoradoEnews - Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce - Meadow Creek Lodge & Events Center

25997 Conifer Road, Unit D4, Conifer - 2nd floor, east side.
(Mailing address: PO Box 127, Conifer, CO 80433)
303-838-5711

www.goconifer.com
www.facebook.com/ConiferAreaChamberofCommerce
twitter.com/ConiferChamber
Monthly Breakfast Meeting every 2nd Friday of the month. Doors open at 7:15am. Please join us! Register in advance at GoConifer.Com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Dec 2011 13:46 #2 by Sunshine Girl
Very cool! Thanks for posting this. :sunshine: Norm is one of our neighbors and a super great guy.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

12 Dec 2011 14:05 #3 by ScienceChic
It was really nice to see him on the video, as well as Steve from Brooks Tavern, Dawn and Jennifer from the Chamber, and Janet from Conifer Community Park. I love how it showcases the beauty of our area!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds