Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

25 Feb 2015 05:28 #1171 by DrMike
God’s Deep Secrets

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, ‘No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.’ But it was to us that God revealed these things by His Spirit. For His Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets.” (1 Corinthians 2:9–10, NLT)

Who do you share your deepest secrets with? Most people only share their inner thoughts with those who are closest to them. People they trust. People they’ve gone through experiences with. Do you know who God shares His secrets with? This passage goes on to say, “Who can know a man’s thoughts except his own spirit?” As believers, God’s Spirit lives inside of us, revealing to us the heart and thoughts of God Himself.

God wants you to know what He thinks about you. He wants you to know about the plans He has for you. He wants to show you things you’ve never seen, heard about, or even imagined. You are His child, but you are also His friend. You are His closest companion. He wants to walk with you, talk with you, and share with you. What a wonderful, amazing thought — we can know God’s thoughts because we are one with Him. Open your heart and allow Him to share His deep secrets with you today.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I am so humbled that You call me friend. I am honored to be connected with You and invite You to share Your heart with me. I surrender all that I am to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Feb 2015 04:25 #1172 by DrMike
Open Your Heart

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” (Ephesians 4:29, NIV)

Compassion is simply feeling what others feel, and then letting them know that you care about them by the loving way you treat them. It sounds easy enough, but it’s usually harder to practice compassion than it is to talk about it. But through Christ, you are more than capable of being a compassionate person each day. All that you have to do is be sensitive to the leading of the Spirit, and follow directions when He prompts you to act towards someone in need.

You have that “small voice” inside of you that tells you what you should do. Just listen to it! When you understand what people are going through, then you can understand their needs.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I know that I have the ability to be caring and compassionate. Give me understanding and leading so that I can make a difference in other people’s lives. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

27 Feb 2015 04:05 #1173 by DrMike
Work on Your Dream

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“ ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the LORD. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.’ ” (Jeremiah 29:11, NLT)

Surround yourself with the right people and you can fulfill the dreams God gives you. Put yourself in relationships with people who are not only like-minded, but are also seeking to honor God in their own lives. Here is a thought to consider today: if your friends don’t point you toward God’s goal for you, then they’re not very good friends. You want to be around dream-builders, not dream-crashers!

When you prune the relationships around you, you’re not cutting things out of your life; you’re making room for growth so that you can reach your God-given potential! When you make room for God’s best, you can walk away from the lesser things that the world has to offer.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I know You have my best in mind and in Your plans. Thank You for placing a dream in my heart and for giving me people to help lead me towards that dream. I pray that my relationships will honor You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

02 Mar 2015 04:01 #1174 by DrMike
The Desire to Please Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him” (Philippians 2:13, NLT)

Do you desire to please Him? When you become a believer by accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior, God begins working in you. He changes your desires from self-seeking to God-seeking. When you make a wrong choice or do something that displeases Him, most times, you know it immediately. There’s uneasiness on the inside of you. You might even feel a little sick to your stomach. That’s because the desire to please God is built inside of you. That “feeling” is the Spirit’s gentle conviction that keeps us on the path He has for us.

But notice He didn’t just give you the desire to please Him; He gave you the power to please Him, too. He didn’t just call you; He equipped you! Follow that inner prompting so that your actions will line up with your heart’s desire. And remember, even when you make a mistake, even when you have a setback, God is always ready to help you. He loves you so much, and He wants the best for you. He wants you to continue growing spiritually. His plans and purposes for your life are good. And when you are submitted to Him, nothing can stop the Almighty God from accomplishing great things in and through you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for filling me with the desire to please You. I know that as I follow Your promptings, You are leading me in the path of life. I love You and bless Your holy Name. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

03 Mar 2015 03:47 #1175 by DrMike
Make a Commitment

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him to help you do it, and he will.” (Psalm 37:5, NLT)

Commitment is a very important word in life. It’s is an essential part of your job, your marriage and your relationship with God. In the Bible, when God says that He is committed to you, He means committed no matter what. He wants you to commit everything you do to Him, so that He can help you succeed.

You can’t be the employee, spouse, or friend God wants you to be without having complete commitment to the cause. The same is true, possibly even more so, in your relationship with Christ. He wants you to commit everything you do to Him because He truly does desire good things for you. You just have to be willing to give it all to Him.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, help me to be totally committed to You, because I know You are to me. Thank You for promising to help me if I turn my commitments over to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

05 Mar 2015 04:13 #1176 by DrMike
Seeing What Is Unseen

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“We do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18, NKJV)

God wants you to focus on the good things He has for you, which are far greater than the things you can see around you. Unfortunately, too many people give up when they face tough times. They stop expecting anything good to happen. But the truth is, hardships and trials are really opportunities for you to go higher. Whatever struggles you’re going through right now, no matter how large or small...they are subject to change.

God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Your health may not look very good today, but it’s subject to change. You may be out of work today, but that’s subject to change. Your finances may look dismal today, but that’s subject to change! You may be struggling in your relationships or marriage, but that’s subject to change too! No matter what your circumstances might be...you can experience real positive change when you look to God.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, it’s so exciting to realize that the hard circumstances in my life are subject to change. Help me to keep on trusting You as You work out Your good purposes in my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

06 Mar 2015 03:47 #1177 by DrMike
The Body of Christ

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will cause you to become the father of a great nation; I will bless you and make your name famous, and you will be a blessing to many others.”
(Genesis 12:2, NLT)

Do you realize that Jesus has no arms to hug with except yours? He has no hands to heal and comfort the world with except the hands that you supply — so make a difference with your life today. John Bunyan, the author of Pilgrim’s Progress, wrote, “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who cannot pay you back.” God didn’t call His people to come together just to get blessed, but to be a blessing to someone else. God told Abraham he would become the father of a great nation. But notice that God also wanted Abraham to be a blessing to many. If you want God to pour out His supernatural favor in your life, reach out to bless those around you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord, I know that I may be the only representation of You someone around me may ever see — so help me to be an instrument of Your love and blessing to them. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

09 Mar 2015 03:58 #1178 by DrMike
Nothing is Beyond Your Reach

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Corinthians 15:57, NLT)

You must remember that God is not only with you, He is also for you and He is in you! His goodness and mercy follow you everywhere you go, no matter where you go. He has also promised that no matter what path life takes you on, He’ll go ahead of you and make the crooked paths straight. As long as you’re following His path, you simply can’t lose!

Once you begin to see the future through the eyes of faith, you’ll discover that victory is within your grasp. Begin to see yourself the way God sees you, and it will change your perspective on everything.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for putting every good and perfect thing within my grasp. I know that when I see things the way You see them, I can revolutionize my life! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

10 Mar 2015 03:54 #1179 by DrMike
Live to Give

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“It is possible to give freely and become more wealthy...” (Proverbs 11:24, NLT)

Start giving your life away, and before you know it the blessings of God will chase you down and overtake you. You may think that there is very little, if anything, that you can give, but that’s just not true. You’ve got plenty to give because many times giving has nothing to do with money or possessions.

You can give a smile, you can give a word of encouragement, or you can give your time. Begin each day with a determination to be a blessing to as many other people as possible. That’s a great goal to begin each day chasing!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for thinking of me first. Give me the strength and insight to see the needs of others and help fulfill them. I know when I do this I will begin experiencing Your blessing! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

11 Mar 2015 04:18 #1180 by DrMike
Do You Have Room for God?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46:10, NIV)

Being fruitful means being productive and excelling in everything you do. When you’re fruitful, life isn’t a drain, it doesn’t wear you out and you don’t have to force things to happen. When you confuse fruitfulness with busyness, you can head down a path that wears you out and robs God of His glory. You can be content when you’re being fruitful because you know you’re living a life that is pleasing to God. A fruitful life blesses others and receives God’s blessings in return. This is how God intended your life to be!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I know that I am often too busy for my own good. Help me to slow down when necessary and even say “no” to some things so I can give You my best. Thank You for Your love and for designing me to be fruitful! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.985 seconds