Divorce care and support group to meet at Beaver Ranch

03 Aug 2010 12:39 - 15 Dec 2010 07:35 #1 by DrMike
Divorcecare divorce recovery seminar and support group: Meets Beaver Ranch-Main Lodge in Conifer, each Tuesday at 7:00 to 9:00 PM (January 4, 2011 through Tuesday, March 29, 2011). Child care provided. Beaver Ranch is located at 11369 Foxton Road, Conifer, Colorado 80433.

Divorcecarefeatures nationally recognized experts on divorce and recovery topics. Seminar sessions include "facing anger," "Facing my loneliness," "Depression," "New Relationships," "KidCare," and "Forgiveness." This is an open group, you can attend any of the classes at anytime. List of 13 week sessions:
1. What's happening to me? Why divorce hurts so much & How to stabilize my life
2. The road to Healing & finding help! Emotional damages caused by divorce, understanding and grieving my losses
3. Facing my anger. Identifying the sources of my anger & healthy and unhealthy ways of dealing with anger
4. Facing my depression. How to recognize symptoms of depression & how to pull out of it
5. Facing my loneliness. Causes and consequences of loneliness & how to deal with my loneliness
6. What does the owner's manual say? Why the bible is important & finding God's help and guidence
7. New relationships. How to know if I am ready for a new relationship & keys to a successful relationships
8. Financial survival. Strategies to minimize the financial strains of divorce & how to stabilize my budget
9. Kidcare. Understanding the effects of divorce on children & mistakes parents make and how to avoid them
10. Single sexuality. Facing the loss of sexual intimacy and expression & how to deal with my sexual urges and desires
11. Forgiveness. The danger of not forgiving & How to know if I have forgiven
12. Reconciliation. How marriages come back together & How to reconcile without remarrying
13. Moving on, growing closer to God. Understanding the good that can come from my divorce & Defining what is at the center of my life

Many of you still struggle with the pain of your divorce! You don't know how to move on, your flooded with emotions that just won't go away. You may ask yourself, why do I feel the way I do? For those of you who are separated, not knowing where to turn, the Divorecare group can help you through the process of knowing your options. As you meet with your group on a weekly basis, it's likely that you will begin to see the people in your group as "family."

For more information, call Greg Blake at 303.838.8123 This is being sponsored by Elk Creek Community Church.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Aug 2010 16:54 #2 by Grace
Hi Mike,

I tried to splice a tape that I have had since 1985. It is a pastor speaking to an outreach group. Ron Ritchie (Google). This is an excellent talk.

I tried to transfer the tape to a cd using software, but could not get the whole sermon on one cd. So I created three cds. Please have Greg Blake make you a copy and listen to it before you begin the divorce seminar. I promise you it will help the group answer confusing questions. It will be a good tool for you to have.

Me

Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

05 Aug 2010 08:24 #3 by DrMike
I will do that, would love to have you come down and help, we need many to make a go of this. I will talk to Greg..thanks..blessings!

16 Aug 2010 17:36 #4 by Grace
Will do, Mike

Rachel

Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

23 Sep 2010 14:53 #5 by DrMike
We still have room for the divorcecare class. This is a great class to begin the healing process! No pressure, laid back, and extremely healing. If you have any questions, please call me.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds