We lost a GREAT Man today

05 May 2014 14:35 #1 by mountaindollar
We lost a GREAT man today my father George Kardaseski.

He is survived by his wife, 7 children, 10 grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren.

My Father is a WWII Vet and he is a true American Hero entering the service at age 17.

He was awarded many ribbons and 3 Bronze Stars from Iwo Jima, Okinawa and Operations against Japan.

Daddy I Love You and you will be missed every day you were the greatest father anyone could ask for!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 May 2014 14:41 #2 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic We lost a GREAT Man today
Sorry very sorry Kim. Your Dad sounds like he was pretty awesome. My thoughts are with you and your family.

05 May 2014 14:42 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic We lost a GREAT Man today
Godspeed! And another of the greatest generation goes to their reward.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 May 2014 14:43 #4 by ScienceChic
:tulip: I have yet to experience the grief that comes with losing a parent, but it hurts immensely just to imagine it. My heart is with you and your family MD, you are such a giving and caring person and I wish you peace and healing.

I don't know if this will help, but I've been reading Jane London's blog for a while now, and she recently lost her father as well. http://janelondon.wordpress.com/2014/04/ Words always seem to trite, but the caring is real. Hugs to you and yours.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 May 2014 18:16 - 05 May 2014 19:43 #5 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic We lost a GREAT Man today
Sorry to hear of your loss mountaindollar. My dad was also a WWII Vet and passed away about 11 years ago. My parents ashes are buried at Fort Logan with so many other Vets. They are all greatly missed and appreciated for their service and sacrifice. :Patriot:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

05 May 2014 18:19 #6 by mountaindollar
Thanks all my Dad will also be buried at Fort Logan.

05 May 2014 19:14 #7 by otisptoadwater
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, it's never easy to lose a family member. My prayers are with you and your family.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds