Changing The Way We Think About God And The Universe

11 Aug 2014 09:27 #1 by ScienceChic
Interesting food for thought. Do you think this is just an analogy for how we're all related in order to teach a lesson, or do you think this could be possible? Most intriguing is imagining that this situation is indeed how it is - can you place yourself in each type of life you've learned about in history? Would being re-born as Jesus Christ be the final life before ascending?

This Guy Just Changed The Way We Think About God And The Universe. Mind Blown.
Andy Weir - The Egg
1 year ago

You were on your way home when you died.

And that's when you met me.

"What is this place? Is this the afterlife? So what happens now?"

"You'll be reincarnated." <snip> "The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, was for you to mature."

"You mean mankind? You want us to mature?"

No, just you. I made this whole universe just for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect."

Just me? What about everyone else?"

"There is no one else. In this universe, there's just you and me."

"But all the people on earth..."

"All you. Different incarnations of you."

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Aug 2014 09:38 #2 by Blazer Bob
""Thou Art God," Mike repeated serenely. "That which groks. Anne is God. I am God. The happy grasses are God. Jill groks in beauty always. Jill is God. All shaping and making and creating together—" (14.180)

Mike's Martian heritage translates this as an answer for who or what is God. Very similar to pantheism, the idea is that God and the universe are identical, one and the same."

www.shmoop.com/stranger-strange-land/religion-quotes.html

11 Aug 2014 12:02 #3 by homeagain
ANOTHER perception.... www.conures.net/bach.shtml

LEARNING is finding out
what you already know.

DOING is demonstrating that you know it.

TEACHING is reminding others that they know just as well as you.

You are ALL learners,doers,teachers.....Illusions, Richard Bach

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds