Should I fight for my marriage?

23 Sep 2010 17:00 #1 by DrMike
I get lots of calls from people who are having a tough time deciding if they should stay in a bad marriage or not. "What's the point of staying in it" I often hear. Well, that's entirely up to you. The death of a marriage affects everyone on both sides of the family, parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, grand children, close friends, etc.

My question to you is, are you willing to make it work, go through the steps of reconciliation? Are you in love with your ex, or do you despise them and want nothing to do with them? A lot of divorced and separated individuals never wanted the divorce or the separation. Do you want to try again? Can you save your marriage alone? In some cases I believe you can, I have seen it happen numerous times, it takes lots of work and dedication, but it can happen.

I will be doing a series of articles on building a stronger and better marriage. If you're in a bad marriage that is going nowhere, these articles will help give you some idea's on how to improve your marriage. Please feel free to PM me with questions for future articles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2010 10:49 #2 by Grace
Mike,

Did you have a chance to listen to Ron Ritchie’s Sermon regarding divorce?

Part of his sermon spoke to the oneness of a marriage.

First of all, Marriage was designed by God, not man. It is meant to reflect how we as humans are to have a relationship with God. We are to be drawn close to God where we are loved.

When the Pharisees asked Jesus the question about how could they divorce their wives, Jesus did not take them to the law of Mosses, he took them back to the beginning.

Man is to leave his mother and father and to cleave to his wife. Their hearts are one and their God is one and their lives are one.
Ron is married to Anna Marie and their names are not Ron and Anna Marie. His name is RonAnnaMarie.
You can see his name on his website.

Ron explains that marriage is like taking two pieces of smooth wood and using glue in order to put them together. He actually did this. He then wanted to separate the wood, so he took a screwdriver and banged on the joined pieces of wood until it ripped apart.
The two ripped and torn pieces of wood represent the pain of divorce.

God is at work in all marriage and if a third party becomes between a marriages, then they are taking God on and that is not a wise position to be in.

God says that you can’t divorce your wife for any reason.

In the law of Mosses a man could divorce his wife in the case of immorality. Not necessarily sexual immorality because the wife would be stoned to death, but something that brought shame upon the family.

Divorce is permitted, but not commanded.

Divorce is contrary to the mind of God.

God says that man is not to deal treacherously with the wife of his youth for he hates divorce. Divorce occurs because of the hardness of one’s heart.

However if hardness of heart occurs and divorce is the result, then God wants us to know that we are loved and not judged.

Mike there is a lot of area in Ron’s speech that speaks to healing and not hurting. Please listen to his sermon so that the Holy Spirit can guide you in helping those that are struggling with separation and divorce.

Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds