My Auntie Phyl just passed away

04 Oct 2010 14:56 - 05 Oct 2010 08:20 #1 by Grace
I just got home from walking the dog and I had to run a load of laundry because I remembered this story and started laughing to the point of wetting my pants!

My favorite aunt Phyllis just passed away at the age of 95.

She had a tremendous personality and she was physically beautiful; a dead ringer for Jean Harlow.
Auntie Phyl gave birth to four beautiful daughters and when the wind blew she would take one, two or all of them on adventures.

Here is a story that she told to my mother and me. (It is the way she uses her speach and the animation of her body that would have you laughing).

(Now after giving birth to four children, auntie Phyl had packed on the pounds and had lost some of her beauty).

She had taken the twins, Ann and Marie to Paris when the girls were about 15 years old…they toured and had a good time and then it happened.

They were sitting at an outdoor cafe’ enjoying pastries and coffee. Auntie Phyl put both hands on the table and pushed down in order to stand up. The table flew out into the street and all the dishes, cups and saucers went flying in the air. It was a funny scene. rofllol

Ann ran away in one direction and Marie ran in the other. They were too embarrassed to be seen with their mother.

Auntie Phyl was my smile. She represented the outside world while I was shut into a dismal one.

Now the four girls are at odds over the sizable estate, but in the 50’s and 60’s in Winthrop, MA auntie Phyl’s house was the place to be.

I loved her and will miss her stories.
Jazz
I will post a picture as soon as I figure out how to.

Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2010 15:20 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic My Auntie Phyl just passed away
Jazz, here is a way to post pics. Sorry about your Aunt. Very hard to lose our relatives.

http://www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopi ... =20&t=2303

04 Oct 2010 15:28 #3 by RivendaleFarms
Condolences to you, Jazz, and what a great story to remember her by! Hope you'll share more as you remember them.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

04 Oct 2010 16:50 #4 by mtnvicky
So sorry for your loss. What a great story. Hopefully, this and other stories and memories will bring you peace.

05 Oct 2010 07:03 #5 by DrMike
Jazz, sorry to hear about your aunt, please share some of those great stories, looking forward to hearing them.

05 Oct 2010 10:13 #6 by Grace
My Auntie Phyllis was married to Jimmy Rapino, the owner of Rapino funeral home in East Boston. Uncle Jim and his brother died and the family sold the home to a corporation.

If any of you saw the movie "Mystic River", then you have seen the embalming room of Uncle Jimmy's funeral home. I have been in that room. Uncle Jim told my mother that he was going to use bottle of number 7 embalming fluid on her because of her skin tone. We all laughed.

Uncle Jim was always impeccably dressed and had a razor sharp wit.

He would tell a joke and have the mourners laughing right while the body lay in state. When my father's father had died, Uncle Jim said something and my father started laughing out loud. The old man was dead yet you could hear my father laughter throughout the rooms!

All the Italians in the area used Rapino's funeral home and I must say that it was a fun funeral home to be laid out in.

The family did not know that Rapino's funeral home would be used for the movie and were taken back when they saw the room where the twins used to do the dead customers hair. Both girls became hairdressers.

Jazz

05 Oct 2010 11:48 #7 by BuyersAgent1
Very sorry for your loss, admire your keeping your Aunt alive through the stories you remember.
Word of advice: write them down now, while you still have the details. Wish I had!!

24 Dec 2010 14:04 #8 by Grace
This picture was taken at my house in 1952. Although I was not even two years old, I remember everything about this day. I remember this picture being taken. I was so happy to be with my Rapino cousins.

Grace

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4724 ... sandme.jpg [/img]

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds