A true story

28 Oct 2010 08:53 #1 by Grace
A true story was created by Grace
Now a lot of you will balk at my story, but it is true and makes sense:

The Bible is not just a book of poems that teaches us how much God loves us.

The Bible is also a practical book.

How to get a Job:

There was once a giant of a man by the name of Goliath. He was stomping back and forth taunting the armies of Israel. He was speaking against the God of Israel.

Well, the older brothers of a 17 year old boy by the name of David were sent off to war. David remained on the family farm to tend to the sheep.

David's father sent him to the front lines with a trailer full of Meat, cheese and bread. (Cheese burgers).

When David arrived he overheard the soldiers talking about the reward offered by the king if someone killed Goliath.

Instead of going right up the king and telling him that he could do the job, David kept asking the men "What is the reward for Killing Goliath"?

The men spread the word in jest that David was asking questions as to suggest that he might be the one to kill Goliath.

As a result, the King called for David and asked him how he could kill such a man when his own armor would be too heavy for David.

David then presented his resume. I have protected my father's sheep said David. "When a lion or bear came and carried off a sheep from the flock, I went out and after it, struck it and rescued the sheep from its mouth. When it turned on, me I seized it by the hair, struck it and killed it.

To make a long story short, David got the job. He turned out to be a smart hire as he did in fact kill the giant who was speaking against his God.

The moral of the story is that one way to get a job is not to just go directly to the internet and send off our resumes, but network our way to get an interview with a decision maker.

David knew what the reward would be for killing Goliath, but he was clever enough to keep asking questions in order to spread the word about his ability to do the job and that is how he got an interview.

He networked through word of mouth.

In good times when you are employed let people know about your successes as this may help you navigate your career. In tough times, use who you know and modern tools to share what you have accomplished. You never know, a decision maker my just ask to see you.

True story

1 Samuel 17

Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds