Welcome TSAC!

23 Sep 2011 20:27 #11 by Cupcake
Replied by Cupcake on topic Welcome TSAC!
I'll be right there! :rundog:

Whoops, that doggy is running West...trying again: rundog:

That all started with me looking for a certain smiley (scratchin) so I could "ponder" the dilemma, just so's ya know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Sep 2011 20:46 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Welcome TSAC!
I have been meaning to reorganize those.

23 Sep 2011 22:39 #13 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic Welcome TSAC!

Dimplszzz wrote: I'll be right there! :rundog:

Whoops, that doggy is running West...trying again: rundog:

That all started with me looking for a certain smiley (scratchin) so I could "ponder" the dilemma, just so's ya know.

Are you channeling LoBay? or Mopar? You are smarter than to use language like that. But have fun.... Good on you

24 Sep 2011 07:27 #14 by CinnamonGirl
Welcome to TSAC and before you all get started (I actually would like to try and get some stuff up to you too I really think this is a great cause.) I don't want to start a big discussion on this or anything but I hope TSAC will understand and be sensitive to the fact that many of the people who will be working and helping TSAC are banned members from PC. Including JMC and I who were the founders of this site.

One of those banned members had the idea to adopt a couple units over here because they and others cannot see links or sign on over there. And by this site asking TSAC to partner up, that was asking alot of them. They stepped up for the vets and that shows alot of good will and heart in my view. It has been said by you guys that you're not part of PC and so I think it is important that you make a huge effort to keep this separate from Pinecam. These people have been locked out of helping in the past and to work with the very people who banned us is asking alot. I am very happy to see you posting over here Dimplzzz and TSAC and I hope this can be a healing time for all the members of the community ( I am very happy that you guys did this for the cause too and think you had alot of good will too) but I felt it was important for TSAC to understand the dyanamic and be sensitive to it. I believe you all will be rewarded beyond belief and be awed by the members here, they love to help people. Just understand this really needs to stay separate for that reason and understand why some feel that way.

I have a big, new Big Lots right near me. I bet I will see things all the time to send. My brother was in the gulf war and it was alot of fun to send him care packages and letters and then I also adopted soldiers with Soldier's angels. One of my guys was killed in action and that was hard but I got the satisfaction of knowing I may have helped him in some way. Things out there are a bit easier for them than it was back in the gulf war. There is better technology and they have much more than he had. He was washing his clothes in a bucket and sleeping under a jeep. And I remember he said his gameboy (the only cool thing they had back then) got him through it.

So, I really love the cause and just had to say this so that our members could feel comfortable and they KNOW that we understand this we just want to make sure you did too.

Good luck with the organization.

:)

24 Sep 2011 08:57 #15 by Cupcake
Hoot Owl - it had been a very long day, lemme tell ya. I get loopy when I get tired. :)

CG - Just to set the record straight, TSAC loyalties are with the troops, not any particular websites. We're just trying to get the word out and raise awareness, any way we can. 'Nuff said on that.

Hope to see you all tomorrow or at another event sometime soon!

24 Sep 2011 09:09 #16 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Welcome TSAC!
I'm going to make some cookies for you guys for tomorrow - if I don't see freebird this afternoon, I'll drop 'em off at your house on my way back home tonight Dimplszz, if that's alright with you!!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Sep 2011 09:10 #17 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Welcome TSAC!
Remember if you are closer to Evergreen you can drop items for the troops off at Mountain Dollar and I will get them to TSAC.

It is going to be a beautiful weekend get out and enjoy it this kind of day is one of the perks of living in Colorado.

24 Sep 2011 09:15 #18 by CinnamonGirl
Sounds great!

24 Sep 2011 09:52 #19 by Cupcake
See this? We're making "connections"! Yessssss!!!

SC - I'll be around all day, baking....and whittling away on my household to-do lists, getting stuff ready for tomorrow. You know where to find me. :)

24 Sep 2011 21:32 #20 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic Welcome TSAC!
A big thanks to you and your husband, Science Chic. I've got the nice platter of cookies and it has been very hard not to sample one. They look great (and still wrapped up).

If any of our members attend Emily's Parade, we hope you will make a point of stopping by and saying hello. The music is always great, and it's amazing how much I enjoy chatting with the bikers! Here's hoping the weather remains beautiful!

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds